Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, do any of you guys have the 8.4" screen? If so would any of you kind gentlemen be able to pop off your radio bezel and shoot me the part number, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the part number.

I'm torn between the 8.4" screen upgrade (from a 7") and an aftermarket upgrade, I have both available to me, I prefer the look of the OEM screen, but the Pioneer 6600Nex has some really cool features.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As the title says, do any of you guys have the 8.4" screen? If so would any of you kind gentlemen be able to pop off your radio bezel and shoot me the part number, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the part number.

I'm torn between the 8.4" screen upgrade (from a 7") and an aftermarket upgrade, I have both available to me, I prefer the look of the OEM screen, but the Pioneer 6600Nex has some really cool features.
I have a 2020 Trailhawk with the 7inch screen and I was thinking about upgrading to the 8.4 with NAV.
I want the OEM look but I have read 2 things:

1- It's not a really simple plug and play upgrade, even with the an OEM upgrade.

2- Going with an aftermarket radio, you can have all of the cars features, steering wheel controls and stock back up camera hooked up, but you will never be able to do specific factory updates as they are done through the factory radio.

I know for sure that JEEP has a rep on this forum, saw them reply to someone recently maybe they can help.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
@JeepCares not sure if you can help, but inquiring minds want to know.

Hello Micky-B and 36Snares,

Thanks for tagging us and bringing this to our attention! That said, our team is not comprised of trained technicians so we don't have access to part numbers. For information like this, we strongly suggest having a conversation with your dealer, as they will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Hannah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Micky-B and 36Snares,

Thanks for tagging us and bringing this to our attention! That said, our team is not comprised of trained technicians so we don't have access to part numbers. For information like this, we strongly suggest having a conversation with your dealer, as they will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Hannah
Jeep Cares
Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for responding.

My question is more about the software updates.

Could you possibly confirm if a software update can be performed after changing the radio to an aftermarket unit?

Does the update have to be done through/using the factory radio?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for responding.

My question is more about the software updates.

Could you possibly confirm if a software update can be performed after changing the radio to an aftermarket unit?

Does the update have to be done through/using the factory radio?
I see! I would recommend calling the Uconnect Customer Care line at: 1-877-855-8400. They will be able to answer any software update questions more specifically.

You can also check for software updates manually using this link: Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates

Hannah
Jeep Cares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts