Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. One of the issues I'm having is when I went to Valvoline for a quick oil change, they recommended a lot of fluid exchanges which I did not get. According to our manual, the ATF should be good for the life of the vehicle but I've read in here that some do change it. The next is the Front Differential and Rear Differential fluid. I only see RDM fluid to be inspected but never to be replaced. And there are specific oil suggestions to use to replace "if equipped". The front differential is what i would assume the PTU fluid and it says the same. There's no mandatory or recommended exchanges. But for some reason a lot of people in this forum has replaced them otherwise. Can someone explain? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
133 Posts
Lifetime fluid is for the lifetime of the warranty and not in the consumer's best interest.. Every vehicle I have had has never had an auto trans fail and all have had upwards of 190k-280k. I attribute that to regular maintenance and fluid changes. I don't drive like grandma either lol. For example on some of the newer ford suv's the transfer case is next to the catalytic converter, if it isn't changed around 30k and every 30k or so , it cooks and its new transfer case time by the time it hits 60-80k and this is a lifetime fluid. I haven't had to replace a radiator/heater cores on any vehicle I have owned yet either..I change my coolant every 4-5 years so I don't give it a chance to become acidic. Brake fluid on these is specified for every 2years and I do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts