Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Part time AWD, basically FWD until a loss of traction. You can then lock it in 4x4 Drive. Best of all worlds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mopar sells a lifetime warranty for several thousand dollars that supposed to cover just about everything except normal wear & tear. You would only pay $100 deductible per visit. It starts when your factory warranty ends.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The "Magnetic System" system you refer to has been in use since the Patriot/Compass inception. The Renegade is the same thing it's just been enhanced and expanded to use more interface with the stability and traction control. My Patriots held up quite well thanks.
The problem I keep seeing on this forum is people want to use the Renegade for things the Wrangler was built for and yes that will cause you problems in the end. They are not apples to apples no matter how you look at it. I'm a Jeep guy I know what Jeep to use for what. The drive train in my Patriot is more comforting in the snow than the drive train in my Liberty, how ever if I'm going off road the Liberty would win out. Does that make one better than the other not really. You don't take a crappie fishing rig to catch sharks!

@RAZ-O nice post ;)

I like this post. This is exactly why I have NOT owned a Jeep until the Renegade - mileage! (Horrible. I'm coming from a Nissan Cube (another toaster) 36 MPG.)

Don't get me wrong - I love off-road vehicles. I own 2 ATVs, a dirt bike, and 5.4 ltr 4x4 truck to pull a livestock trailer on occasion (horrible MPG, 11 when new). Like Jeepriot said, all for different uses.

Are Wranglers tough? Yes Do they look really cool? Absolutely! Are they great off-road? For sure.
However, I don't need a 4 liter engine to haul me 40 miles round trip to work each day and the cost of gas for that does not fit my budget. I just need a fuel efficient 4x4 to drive on asphalt and get me thru some snow in the winter. (I also don't like the way crossovers look - I prefer square.) The Jeep Renegade fits that bill perfectly. I get 30.3 MPH average. Not as good as the Cube, but I get 4x4, ground clearance, and a higher cool factor. I love the Renegade as my daily driver.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts