Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I live in Korea and the first 1.3 turbo engine will arrive in Korea in 2022. Before that, we had only 2.4 gasoline engines and 1.6 diesel engines. I know you guys have been using 1.3 since 2019. So I would like to ask if the 1.3 engine had the same radiator cooling fan issue as the other engines. I know it's a structural flaw, and I'm concerned because the turbo engine is hotter. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Please understand that my English is not good.

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk
40 Posts
Hi! I live in Korea and the first 1.3 turbo engine will arrive in Korea in 2022. Before that, we had only 2.4 gasoline engines and 1.6 diesel engines. I know you guys have been using 1.3 since 2019. So I would like to ask if the 1.3 engine had the same radiator cooling fan issue as the other engines. I know it's a structural flaw, and I'm concerned because the turbo engine is hotter. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Please understand that my English is not good.

No, only the 2.4 Tigershark engine had the issue, and it was for 2015-2016 model years as far as I recall. I do notice the engine runs pretty hot compared to other vehicles I've owned over the years. I do love the quick response the 1.3 engine has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts