Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new car and the renegade has caught my attention after test driving. I've since read in car reviews that the front passenger seat folds flat for carrying long items (we have a tandem bike so this would be a huge bonus!)
I can't find anywhere including the brochure that says the seat goes flat (car salesman said it doesn't but in my experience they know nothing!)
I'm in the UK so not sure whether things are different over here or not?
Any comments or photo evidence would be great thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I may take a tape measure rather than the bike as I'm not sure they would be too happy with oil marks and scratches in their vehicle though it may bring the price down!?
My lady has a 2007 Mazda 2 which has a folding flat front seat and the bike goes in easily so I'm sure the larger Jeep will swallow a tandem if the seat goes low enough for the bike to sit without being pinned against the windscreen!?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I caution you to check this very carefully. I have a 58cm Felt F5 and I have to take the front wheel off, fold both halves of the back seat down, and move the front passenger seat forward (not adjusting the recline on the passenger seat) to get it in the back section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, the tandem has a narrow frame so it's purely a length issue provided the front seat folds flat enough for the back wheel to sit on it without being forced into the windscreen/roof.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mmmmmm.

Must depend on model or country then as my Irish Longitude does not fold that flat. Maybe still tilted up 30 degrees.
I wanted to sleep in mine but not possible unless I get long stiff board to the bridge gap between boot and top of folded front seat. Even then you'd be so close to the roof, it would be claustrophobic I think.

However the specs for my model say "Fold flat front seat".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's interesting. Is there some kind of latch you are not engaging to fully release the seat? On the old Mazda 2 there is a specific latch that does this. I read on one uk review that only the sport model does not have this fold flat feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2016 th

My 2016 TH US model does not go flat it has a hard stop that feels like a catch at 20-30 degrees, cannot crawl around under it to check if there is something that can be pulled/moved to make it go flatter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checked out the front seat at the local showroom today and indeed it only goes down to about 20-30 degrees but I reckon that is enough to fit a tandem in as the total length from dash to rear door is 92" which is longer than the bike even without folding the front wheel around!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.