Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Manual is wrong, bulb is 194. Just updated all interior bulbs to LED, they all were 194 (didn't do the vanity though, not sure about that bulb) I used Sylvania LEDriving premium white LED's. Work great, nice color, listed as a 6000K

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where they Canbus or regular leds. Are they a lot brighter? If they were the regular bulbs did you have that light dim on when they were off?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where they Canbus or regular leds. Are they a lot brighter? If they were the regular bulbs did you have that light dim on when they were off?
Not sure if they are Canbus, package didn't say. I did try some other LED's first and they didn't work and stayed dimly lit when off. These are the most noticeable in the overhead lights by the rear view mirror, seem to be twice as bright, nice and white.

I will say however, that these bulbs will NOT work on the exterior of the vehicle. I tried using them for the license plate bulbs, I got a bulb out message and they stayed dimly lit when the power was off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the bulbs. Replacing the map lights was a PITA. I ended up using these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1127/

The ones I got from diode dynamics were too thick and the resistors were in the way of everything. These fit perfectly. No dim lights or anything, but I did get a bulb out warning from the ones I put in the reverse light. I may try changing them around though, because the other bulbs I got for the DRL are not triggering the bulb out warning. So maybe one of the ones in the tailight are defective.

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMO interior bulbs are not monitored by the computer. You don't get a bulb out light when an interior bulb goes out so you don't need a CANBUS LED. At least that's how it was on my 2012 VW GTI

·
Registered
359 Posts
Manual is wrong, bulb is 194. Just updated all interior bulbs to LED, they all were 194 (didn't do the vanity though, not sure about that bulb) I used Sylvania LEDriving premium white LED's. Work great, nice color, listed as a 6000K
How about the exterior lights. Is the manual correct on them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the bulbs. Replacing the map lights was a PITA. I ended up using these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1127/

The ones I got from diode dynamics were too thick and the resistors were in the way of everything. These fit perfectly. No dim lights or anything, but I did get a bulb out warning from the ones I put in the reverse light. I may try changing them around though, because the other bulbs I got for the DRL are not triggering the bulb out warning. So maybe one of the ones in the tailight are defective.
I plan to replace the 2 interior map lights and the license plates bulb. Any tips getting the panels off? I don't want to break anything or rip the headliner. The panel for the map lights seem pretty tight. And the license piece, which side do I pry out from?

The rear passenger lamp was a breeze.

Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I read about how to remove the map light housing. What about the rear dome light housing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I read about how to remove the map light housing. What about the rear dome light housing?
The rear is easy, was able to just use my fingers, pry panel from the driver's/left side.

Where you able to do the fronts yet? If so, any advice. I bought panel removal tools on amazon, hope they come in in time for this weekend.

·
Registered
359 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.