Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I dislike the idea of door dings due to thoughtless drivers in parking lots, has anyone researched after market door moldings that will fit the Renegade? Other than taking measurements and looking for existing cars that have side protectors of similar dimensions, another choice is to buy a roll of the stuff and cut it to length.

· Registered
10 Posts
tallawa2,

I had worked a deal to get molding installed after my purchase. However, the dealer had no molding that would fit.

I did get black edge guards installed via aftermarket. I am still looking like you are. I have owned several Hondas and they make great side moldings, but I think that the thin roll on type would look cheap.

I think that finding at thicker more rugged look would be the best.

As I said, I am still looking for the perfect look as well.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went the cheap route with a roll of OEM black door molding from Cowles Products. I chose a lower install height than the E-Bay guys have in their picture as that's the furthest point where the door skins curve outward. I also used the molding to sort of frame the "Renegade" stick-on. Also added the door edge protectors which appear to frame the doors better. The bugs where I live are big and carry a bunch of bug juice when they hit your radiator, so I got the standard 2 piece bra and installed a mesh netting in the lower opening to catch the nasty critters.

Attachments

· Registered
60 Posts
Looks good @tallawa2 - solid Idea

I had mine 3 days and I got a door ding up by my door handle.........no where near the lower part of the door. Sigh, I'll have it popped out eventually - my sales guy offered for me to sneak in and have it popped for free since it happens so fast

· Registered
92 Posts
Went the cheap route with a roll of OEM black door molding from Cowles Products. I chose a lower install height than the E-Bay guys have in their picture as that's the furthest point where the door skins curve outward. I also used the molding to sort of frame the "Renegade" stick-on. Also added the door edge protectors which appear to frame the doors better. The bugs where I live are big and carry a bunch of bug juice when they hit your radiator, so I got the standard 2 piece bra and installed a mesh netting in the lower opening to catch the nasty critters.
Hi Tallawa2:
As asked before, can you please give us the part number or name identification of the side moldings you ordered from Cowles Products? They have numerous black moldings and I am interested in the specific one you ordered. Looks good! Many Thanks.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used p/n 33-121 for the 2" door molding, and p/n 39-221 for the edge guards. Their directions are simple and straight forward. I used blue painters tape to layout the lines that I wanted. A "NEW" set of garden pruning shears cuts the material perfectly. I used a 2 1/4" blade anvil shear from home depot. Good luck!

· Registered
92 Posts
I used p/n 33-121 for the 2" door molding, and p/n 39-221 for the edge guards. Their directions are simple and straight forward. I used blue painters tape to layout the lines that I wanted. A "NEW" set of garden pruning shears cuts the material perfectly. I used a 2 1/4" blade anvil shear from home depot. Good luck!

Tallawa:
Thanks so much for the part numbers and location photos. I like your positioning better than middle of the door. I will order soon. Once again, many thanks.
John

· Registered
33 Posts
I got them from sportwing the other day. Today I went to install them lost a lot of patience in how to measure them as there are different measurements per door up from the crease but the picture shows bottom of door? Then on top of it held them up to my Sierra Blue renegade and found they are def a shade darker. So I'm going to call them tomorrow and seek help on the paint match and hopefully better guidance on the how to install. Has anyone installed these on their other vehicles? I'm starting to question the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
105 Posts
I have just fitted some after market (Renegade Specific) door side protection mouldings, only took 1/2 hour to fit as the instructions are very clear to follow. I decided not to get them painted as my car is white & the black is a good contrast with the existing black plastic & windows. Purchased them from ebay, (item number 221823414340) only £42.99 (approx. $66) inc. p&p in the UK.

Really pleased with the result, also removes the slightly slab sided look of the Renegade.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.