Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I had time to install door sill guards. I have some free time while I’m at work. First thing you are supposed to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol but I forgot it at home. So I used streak free glass & window cleaner made with vinegar. Cleaning the surface helps the guards stick. The guards have 3M tape that help them stick. Only thing I didn’t do is measure. But I think I did well. I could’ve had measuring tape to make sure everything is aligned and even on both sides. Hopefully they will stick on and last. I can always pull them off and replace the two sided tape. Both sides and front & back are competed.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
A very nice addition you have there :D:D

3M tape can easily be made to have reinforced adhesive qualities by merely heating it up after you apply it to the item being stuck down. Simply use a hair dryer or a cigarette lighter flame and it then sticks like sh1t to anything ;);)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This morning I had time to install door sill guards. I have some free time while I’m at work. First thing you are supposed to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol but I forgot it at home. So I used streak free glass & window cleaner made with vinegar. Cleaning the surface helps the guards stick. The guards have 3M tape that help them stick. Only thing I didn’t do is measure. But I think I did well. I could’ve had measuring tape to make sure everything is aligned and even on both sides. Hopefully they will stick on and last. I can always pull them off and replace the two sided tape. Both sides and front & back are competed. Where did you buy these?

View attachment 2396350169
View attachment 2396350170
View attachment 2396350171

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A very nice addition you have there :D:D

3M tape can easily be made to have reinforced adhesive qualities by merely heating it up after you apply it to the item being stuck down. Simply use a hair dryer or a cigarette lighter flame and it then sticks like sh1t to anything ;);)
Thank you! I’ll keep that in mind.

·
Super Moderator
4,159 Posts
Looks great we did it a long time back.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
This morning I had time to install door sill guards. I have some free time while I’m at work. First thing you are supposed to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol but I forgot it at home. So I used streak free glass & window cleaner made with vinegar. Cleaning the surface helps the guards stick. The guards have 3M tape that help them stick. Only thing I didn’t do is measure. But I think I did well. I could’ve had measuring tape to make sure everything is aligned and even on both sides. Hopefully they will stick on and last. I can always pull them off and replace the two sided tape. Both sides and front & back are competed.

View attachment 2396350169
View attachment 2396350170
View attachment 2396350171
Looks great!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought the guards two months ago. I was waiting for the weather to get a little more warmer. lol only one thing I noticed the logo has 5 slots instead of 7. lol not a big deal. I do like the mirror look though.

It’s not too many things I want to add to the Renegade. A couple more accessories but nothing too crazy. Probably start to save up money for really nice tires by the end of the year.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
I bought the guards two months ago. I was waiting for the weather to get a little more warmer. lol only one thing I noticed the logo has 5 slots instead of 7. lol not a big deal. I do like the mirror look though.

It’s not too many things I want to add to the Renegade. A couple more accessories but nothing too crazy. Probably start to save up money for really nice tires by the end of the year.
New tires are always fun. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts