Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Door sill guards instillation.

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  JasoninDLH 
#1 ·
This morning I had time to install door sill guards. I have some free time while I’m at work. First thing you are supposed to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol but I forgot it at home. So I used streak free glass & window cleaner made with vinegar. Cleaning the surface helps the guards stick. The guards have 3M tape that help them stick. Only thing I didn’t do is measure. But I think I did well. I could’ve had measuring tape to make sure everything is aligned and even on both sides. Hopefully they will stick on and last. I can always pull them off and replace the two sided tape. Both sides and front & back are competed.

See less See more
#2 ·
A very nice addition you have there :D:D

3M tape can easily be made to have reinforced adhesive qualities by merely heating it up after you apply it to the item being stuck down. Simply use a hair dryer or a cigarette lighter flame and it then sticks like sh1t to anything ;);)

#3 ·
This morning I had time to install door sill guards. I have some free time while I’m at work. First thing you are supposed to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol but I forgot it at home. So I used streak free glass & window cleaner made with vinegar. Cleaning the surface helps the guards stick. The guards have 3M tape that help them stick. Only thing I didn’t do is measure. But I think I did well. I could’ve had measuring tape to make sure everything is aligned and even on both sides. Hopefully they will stick on and last. I can always pull them off and replace the two sided tape. Both sides and front & back are competed. Where did you buy these?

View attachment 2396350169
View attachment 2396350170
View attachment 2396350171

#14 ·
I bought the guards two months ago. I was waiting for the weather to get a little more warmer. lol only one thing I noticed the logo has 5 slots instead of 7. lol not a big deal. I do like the mirror look though.

It’s not too many things I want to add to the Renegade. A couple more accessories but nothing too crazy. Probably start to save up money for really nice tires by the end of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.