Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Ltd 4x4 with 52k miles and live in South Florida. All 4 doors have upholstery issues. I was told by a local Jeep Service Rep the solution is to "keep out of the heat. This doesn't happen where I am from in Indiana." Yes, it is out of warranty. This seems to be an issue with Jeep vehicles. I am looking for a solution to repair. I have taken to a couple of auto upholstery repairs. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,389 Posts
Definitely not normal. Dealer being disingenuous about "keeping it out of heat".
I think the issue is bad bonding at the edges leading to it peeling.
You could try taking the door cards off and glueing it. Or replace with ones from a scrap yard.
Or the car upholstery places could probably do a good job.

I had the start of that on the driver's door armrest where the card edge was visible at the side of the window control. Which in my opinion doesn't clamp down hard enough on the card.
They just replaced the door card under warranty and that was still okay when I traded it in back in April. (MY 2016, 2017 registered.)

·
Super Moderator
3,684 Posts
There was a run a while back, forget if it was before or after 2016, where the die cut was out of spec for the door material. Usually it showed up like the door control pic in the first year or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Ltd 4x4 with 52k miles and live in South Florida. All 4 doors have upholstery issues. I was told by a local Jeep Service Rep the solution is to "keep out of the heat. This doesn't happen where I am from in Indiana." Yes, it is out of warranty. This seems to be an issue with Jeep vehicles. I am looking for a solution to repair. I have taken to a couple of auto upholstery repairs. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
What did you end up doing? I have the exact same issue. I have a good friend that does auto upholstery if I need to go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you end up doing? I have the exact same issue. I have a good friend that does auto upholstery if I need to go that route.
Hi, I ended up taking to three car upholstery shops and they were not sure how to fix. I also found replacement inside door panels on eBay. That seemed like the best fix. My only hesitation would be that it could happen again since the Jeep is in Florida. Right now, I am living with the defective material / glue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts