Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Is there a way to lock door windows for kid safe operations?
My Renny-Lat has a window-lock on the driver's door, below the window controls. Keeps the boys from playing with the windows.

Wish there was a switch to allow the rear windows to only go down like 1/2-way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Yup, which is what I normally do... For some reason though, I remember rear-windows only going about half-way down when I was one of the boys playing with the window buttons, :)

That's because you are too young. Most of the halfway down behaviors are to deal with having moving windows that go the whole width of the door opening while having significant cut outs in the door for the rear wheel wells. They physically prevent any attempt to put the windows in further. It's wasn't for safety.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's because you are too young. Most of the halfway down behaviors are to deal with having moving windows that go the whole width of the door opening while having significant cut outs in the door for the rear wheel wells. They physically prevent any attempt to put the windows in further. It's wasn't for safety.
No kidding? LOL Is that why they only went half-way down?

I'm not so young... I'm mid-40's :p

Heck - some days my two boys make feel older than that, HAH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.