Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
how hard was it to get the doors back on?
I think it's possible with one guy, but two definitely makes it much easier. The process itself isn't that bad, just lining up the holes all at the same time would be a little difficult without a spotter/guider

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the option that you can take them off if you want, and it is easy to do, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
If you are on your own, and need to remove the doors, put soft cloth on a trolley jack and use the jack for support. Done this myself in the past. Make sure that the cloth is protecting the door as you don't want any scratches!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but it was a beautiful day in Florida so I thought, hey, let's take the doors off! (As if I owned a wrangler lol) and here's the result. I put the two back doors back on first to see how it would look

Also added a bolt-on mirror to the drivers side so I'm street legal (at least in Florida)

It throws some errors up: Check Engine, Service Air Bag System, and Audio System Not Available.

Still plays the radio when you have he back doors on though.
I personally love this look. Do u have mirrors to put in place of the side view ones?

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
13 Posts
Probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but it was a beautiful day in Florida so I thought, hey, let's take the doors off! (As if I owned a wrangler lol) and here's the result. I put the two back doors back on first to see how it would look

Also added a bolt-on mirror to the drivers side so I'm street legal (at least in Florida)

It throws some errors up: Check Engine, Service Air Bag System, and Audio System Not Available.

Still plays the radio when you have he back doors on though.
Oh GOD. Lolo_O

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think it looks stupid AF. Purposely weaken your unibody frame by removing vital components ? Codes flashing constantly all over your dash, "door open" constantly scrolling, no audio, the all-too-important wiring cables to the doors dangling loose. And who knows what errors remained after the doors were put back on. And trying to get the door frame gaps spaced properly all around after re-install ? All for a no doors look ? This ain't no Wrangler.

Might was well take the doors off a Toyota Camry, just as logical.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
419 Posts
I think it looks stupid AF. Purposely weaken your unibody frame by removing vital components ? Codes flashing constantly all over your dash, "door open" constantly scrolling, no audio, the all-too-important wiring cables to the doors dangling loose. And who knows what errors remained after the doors were put back on. And trying to get the door frame gaps spaced properly all around after re-install ? All for a no doors look ? This ain't no Wrangler.

I agree it looks pathetic, but man is it fun. I think that’s the point. Nothing really compares to having doors off a Camry, it’s its own experience. I’d do it more if the insurance companies would cover it.

·
Registered
250 Posts

I agree

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
13 Posts
I know! I didn't know too much about the renegade when I bought it, and didn't realize MySky was a thing. I'm looking at getting a sun roof put in, but it just won't be the same lol
Just get a plazma cuter and with a stedy hand and about another 15 minutes you could go completely top less lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts