Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Long story short some a-hole has pretty much wiped our drivers side mirror right off. It's taped up right now kind of in place while we wait for a replacement part to come from Italy. Since we can't prove who did it, it's cheaper for us to get it fixed ourselves than go through the insurance company. Has anyone ever replaced the door mirrors on their Renegade themselves? We've done it on previous cars and dealer has said the door panel has to come off which shouldn't be an issue, but just wondering if anyone has actually done before. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Grrrr!!! I hate @rseholes that don't leave a note to say that they have damaged your vehicle. I had that on my Scenic, which was only a few months old. Someone had knocked it and the right hand door mirror was folded in, luckily undamaged, but the culprit had left a dent in the door and scratches. Was the first brand new car I ever had.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't know how to do it but I know when I purchased my new Renegade the glass on the driver side door mirror was damaged and the had to replace the door mirror. It took the dealership 3 times to get everything back the way it was supposed to be. So not so sure its that easy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ebay

Did you check Ebay to see if anyone is selling the mirror off a wrecked Renegade, they seem to have a lot of parts on there for these already.

Save some money and time on the mirror cost.

Hey all. Long story short some a-hole has pretty much wiped our drivers side mirror right off. It's taped up right now kind of in place while we wait for a replacement part to come from Italy. Since we can't prove who did it, it's cheaper for us to get it fixed ourselves than go through the insurance company. Has anyone ever replaced the door mirrors on their Renegade themselves? We've done it on previous cars and dealer has said the door panel has to come off which shouldn't be an issue, but just wondering if anyone has actually done before. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grrrr!!! I hate @rseholes that don't leave a note to say that they have damaged your vehicle. I had that on my Scenic, which was only a few months old. Someone had knocked it and the right hand door mirror was folded in, luckily undamaged, but the culprit had left a dent in the door and scratches. Was the first brand new car I ever had.
Even just a note to say sorry would have been better than nothing! We don't really know how it's happened either. The side that's damaged was parked on pavement side so it's not another car. None of our neighbours have heard anything either... the mystery continues....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how to do it but I know when I purchased my new Renegade the glass on the driver side door mirror was damaged and the had to replace the door mirror. It took the dealership 3 times to get everything back the way it was supposed to be. So not so sure its that easy.
That sucks! Our dealer has been pretty good so far fixing our problems, but this is one thing I refuse to give them money for (especially as there are workshops that are willing to fix for half the price but don't open on weekends which means we won't be able to get booked in until sometime next week). Hubby's attempting to get the door panel off as I'm typing. Will keep you guys posted if we have any luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you check Ebay to see if anyone is selling the mirror off a wrecked Renegade, they seem to have a lot of parts on there for these already.

Save some money and time on the mirror cost.
Hey thanks for the advice. We had a look on Ebay but didn't see many mirrors on there that deliver to the UK. Our dealers been good at getting extras for us so I picked it up yesterday (if anyones wondering or has the same problem it was £118 incl. VAT).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! I have a need for a replacement passenger mirror! I missed a head on collision and ended up side swiping a parked car..... only took out my mirror.
Do you know the part number for the replacement mirror set?
I found a great site online selling Mopar parts. But their online catalog only has basic line drawings for the parts. And their descriptions are crap. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all- I’m new here but got an account specifically to see if anyone successfully changed the mirror themselves? I couldn’t find any instruction on changing the actual mirror just getting the door panel off to get it the speaker. I ordered a new pass side mirror on eBay and it should be here in a few days I don’t want to take the panel off until it’s here but once it’s off is it fairly obvious how to change it or is their extra steps involved? Any advice to anyone who’s done it or attempted would be greatly apprciated! I have the heated mirror and turn signal I wanna icky enough to found one on eBay for 150$ but I had to purchase a separate shell which doesn’t come in colors says I have to have it painted to match. Another struggle I’m having finding painted shell in white I’ve found crazy colors black gunmetal and Crome but no plain white shells for my mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.