Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Driver side keyless entry door handle stopped working

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Emperor Lrrr 
#1 ·
Randomly, the keyless entry on my driver's side door stopped working. If I touch behind the handle on the passenger side, everything still unlocks - and that door button re-locks. On the driver's side, the button won't lock the car, and putting my hand under it no longer does anything.

Unless I bumped a setting or someone knows a workaround, I assume this requires a trip back to the dealer...

#2 ·
I have a TSB that may be related to your concern pasted below. I would recommend bringing your vehicle to an FCA dealership and referencing this.

TSB 23-030-15

SUBJECT:
Door Noises And/Or Door Functions Inoperative

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting all mechanical and electrical functions of all doors.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, LATAM

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 24, 2015 (MDH 0224XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may describe noises coming from one or more of the doors and/or loss of functionality to one or more of the door handles, locks, windows, lamps, and mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.