Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it's possible to drive with only the daytime running lights and the fog lights lit at the same time?

I've tried different settings but I can't seem to get the fog lights on without also having the headlights lit.

Reactions: mauropvl

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Don't think so. Here's what it says in the manual:

Front Fog Lights — If Equipped
The front fog light switch is built into the headlight switch.
To activate the front fog lights, turn on the parking lights or the low beam headlights and push the headlight switch.
To turn off the front fog lights, push the headlight switch a second time or turn off the headlight switch.

An indicator light in the instrument cluster illuminates when the fog lights are turned on.
NOTE: The fog lights will operate with the low beam headlights or parking lights on. Selecting the high beam headlights will turn off the fog lights.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's my understanding too. I do however find it odd since most cars let you use fog lights without the headlights.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
881 Posts
Thanks. That's my understanding too. I do however find it odd since most cars let you use fog lights without the headlights.

Just to clarify the answer: You CAN have the fog lights on without the headlights.
You do need the parking lights on however. That makes some sense - if you feel you need the fog lights, wouldn't it be wise to have the other marker lights illuminated so other drivers stand a chance of seeing you?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just to clarify the answer: You CAN have the fog lights on without the headlights.
You do need the parking lights on however. That makes some sense - if you feel you need the fog lights, wouldn't it be wise to have the other marker lights illuminated so other drivers stand a chance of seeing you?

On my HID equipped European Renegade it seems to be impossible to turn on the parking lights when the car is running. The DRL stay on no matter what. When the car is turned off the parking lights can be turned on. Parking lights and fog lights can not be combined.
Is your car a US Renegade?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
881 Posts
On my HID equipped European Renegade it seems to be impossible to turn on the parking lights when the car is running. The DRL stay on no matter what. When the car is turned off the parking lights can be turned on. Parking lights and fog lights can not be combined.
Is your car a US Renegade?
Mine is U.S. spec. I guess that is another difference. I can turn on/off my parking lights anytime. The engine needs to be running to turn on the fogs. I have disabled my DLRs via the options on the head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.