Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well guys, I'm here to tell you not to buy that "enforced geen" links from Mevotech - those are junk
Left one started to knock in upper ball today
Was installed on Jan 31, 2020...
Are you sure the nut didn't back off, I've had that problem on other vehicles before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put in sealed ones off a Dodge pick up 1.5 years and still holding up.
Do you remember any of the particulars (Year and Model and front/rear Like '99 1500 Rear) of the links you used? I'm about done swapping in any of the ones actually meant for the Renegade..

·
Super Moderator
3,349 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Sorry I don't recall one of our local dealers is a sponsor of our club and hooked me up.

·
Registered
4 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Sorry I don't recall one of our local dealers is a sponsor of our club and hooked me up.
Alrighty, Rock Auto doesn't give lengths on them, Or I'd have it figured out already... I'll figure it out and post back...

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, for stock height Renegades, it looks like the Mopar 68041718AC would do the trick for the front. It's the rear link for a Ram 1500, 2009-2019. It only has one ball joint, that would go to the stabilizer bar, then it has a traditional eye bushing and bolt at the other end, that would go to the Strut. It's 11.22 inches VS 11.125 for the Renegades stock Link.

Not sure how much of a difference the eye bushing might make, as that is going to have less angle tolerance.

MrSig, Do you know if your links had this type setup, or are they a ball joint both top and bottom?

Also, this isn't going to work for a lifted application (Like Mine), as the sway bar link needs to be shorter. I looked at a stock link last night on my Trailhawk with 2.5" avid lift and at full droop, teh link hits the lower control arm... I'm guessing it need a link that is about 8.75ish ". but I'm going to measure it tomorrow evening for what is required to get a 90 degree angle link/sway bar/ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, for stock height Renegades, it looks like the Mopar 68041718AC would do the trick for the front. It's the rear link for a Ram 1500, 2009-2019. It only has one ball joint, that would go to the stabilizer bar, then it has a traditional eye bushing and bolt at the other end, that would go to the Strut. It's 11.22 inches VS 11.125 for the Renegades stock Link.

Not sure how much of a difference the eye bushing might make, as that is going to have less angle tolerance.

MrSig, Do you know if your links had this type setup, or are they a ball joint both top and bottom?

Also, this isn't going to work for a lifted application (Like Mine), as the sway bar link needs to be shorter. I looked at a stock link last night on my Trailhawk with 2.5" avid lift and at full droop, teh link hits the lower control arm... I'm guessing it need a link that is about 8.75ish ". but I'm going to measure it tomorrow evening for what is required to get a 90 degree angle link/sway bar/ground.

Alrighty, I don't know if these are gonna work or not, But based on several cross references of the Moog K750012, which is the right length but seems to wear out quickly when installed with lifts on the renegade, and finding that the Moog fits the Chevrolet HHR, I've ordered a set of these adjustable links; Whiteline KLC175, I should get them next week, so I'll post up if they fit or not, and then report on the durability in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
They look pretty, and if they work, it would be well worth the cost.

Please keep us updated.
... and pics.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts