Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Renegade in for the all too common brake squeal. No big deal, got some brake hardware and upgraded pads as most of us have. BUT I noticed the parts runner dropping off parts.....Duralast parts! So I gotta ask....WHAT? Are Auto Zone parts up to OEM specs? I swore off Auto Zone years ago due to inferior parts and crappy service. But now the dealership is using Duralast parts? Specifically brake rotors....big one for a truck. I would hate to think I'm paying for genuine Mopar parts but gettig Auto Zone junk!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess any aftermarket part would have to be OEM spec but the actual quality is my point. No part I have ever purchased from an Auto Zone or any of their competition have been up to mfgr quality.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is concerning...perhaps they are working on a vehicle of another make that was bought at the dealership used? Or a vehicle that's out of warranty and the owner specified cheaper parts?

In college I delivered parts for a now-defunct local chain, and we almost never delivered to dealership service departments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.