Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Time for a quick check on the engine oil today.

The Jeep had 26,500 miles on it when I bought it. Just shy of 29,100 now. The oil level is right in the middle of the hash-marked area, so no visible consumption of engine oil. Hat's off to the folks in Dundee. 馃

Registered
DynoDave Were you looking to add a subwoofer to yours? I saw your earlier post in this thread to Madness auto works.

Registered
DynoDave Were you looking to add a subwoofer to yours? I saw your earlier post in this thread to Madness auto works.
Madness stopped making the sub for the Renegades.
I guess the rear of the Renegade changes a little every (-ish) year. The subwoofer they mad was only good for the 2015 model year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Great build and welcome to the site!

I am a fan of white also, a good choice.

Jeff M
Thank you Jeff.

Mike, yes, I would like to add one eventually. I'll either piece together a factory style system with new and used parts, or more likely I'll go with an under-seat unit.

Madness stopped making the sub for the Renegades.
I guess the rear of the Renegade changes a little every (-ish) year. The subwoofer they mad was only good for the 2015 model year.
Yeah, I found that out fairly early on. A shame really, as it's a slick setup. But it didn't take long looking at that photo, and then my Jeep, to realize the panel designs had changed.

Registered
I just got one installed in mine. I haven't had time to get some good pictures and post about it in this forum yet, but I ended up going with a moderate power amp and a "thin" subwoofer, all of which fits nicely under the removable trunk floor. I don't have a spare tire so had the space. Everything is just velcro'd down so if I ever need to, it can all be easily removed for whatever I need to haul, and then dropped right back in. Give me a few days to get some pictures and do a write up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
I added a full size spare to mine (had that posted here, but it got lost...I'll have to do some updating to add that back in), so I can't hide a thin one there. But, I could fit one of these. I have one kicking around the garage. Older, small driver, lower power, it's not much of a sub by todays standards, but I'm no kid. I don't like excessive thumping bass. If it will fit inside my spare, I may try this first. If not, then I'll go with the under-the-seat approach. I also have a small amp purchased for boosting the other 6 speakers. Would like to replace those drivers too, but it's all money, time, and other automotive projects.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Nothing new to report. I still need to come back and add what was lost. I'll try to remember to work on that tonight.

Just wanted to say...with the snow we've had in Michigan the last 48 hours, I'm having an absolute BLAST driving the Renegade with these tires. Snow mode is just awesome, but SAND is like driving a sprint car....TOO MUCH FUN!!! 馃槑

Registered
I was looking forward to trying out Snow mode when I picked mine up in October. Now of course it figures this has been one of the warmest winters on record here. Usually we get two or three snowfalls of ~3-4 inches each winter. So far, we got about 1 inch this morning... and that's been all. For the entire winter. This is near Cincinnati. So enjoy your snowfall for the both of us while I go crazy waiting for some here!

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, it's been a pretty mild winter thus far. Sorry you haven't had the chance to enjoy your Jeep under those conditions.

So, lets see if I can replace a few of the lost posts in this thread.

This photo is from the previous oil check from post 21. Another check today, another 1500 miles later, shows the same level, though it's not as clean. Due for a change I'd say. I need to visit the dealer once before my basic warranty runs out, so I'll probably have them do it then. But we're not burning any, so that's reassuring.

When I first got the truck, there were a few extra rattles under the hood.

One of the first things I noticed during an underhood inspection...the positive battery cover was missing!

Hoping it was still wedged in the engine compartment somewhere, and not lost "down the road", I find it here.

No worse for wear, I re-installed it, and it hasn't come loose since. My only conclusion is that it was removed for service, and not put back in place.

The other possible noise maker was this...the washer fluid bottle was loose at the neck and mounting bracket.

I re-clipped it, and again it has stayed put since then.

A couple of easy fixes, and no more funny noises.

Soemtimes a car fights you during repairs, other times it's more cooperative. So far, this little Jeep has been a willing partner.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Like a lot of folks, one of the improvements I wanted to make to my Renegade over the way it was ordered was to add a full sized spare tire.

For something I might never use, I couldn't bring myself to pay some of the kit prices online, and thought I might have to do without. Then I found a fellow on Craigslist locally selling a full setup, and a few more.

Out with the old.

This guy sold me the spare wheel and tire, mounting hardware, and tool kit, for a Renegade. It also included some Compass parts...4 factory winter mats, a cargo area mat, and a jack. On top of that, a new 5-star dealer pull-over in red, and a dealership Jeep hat. I guess he kept the jacket and hat in there as rain gear.

Compass mats, jack and coat.

While the spare jack and floor mats will likely not be of much value, the coat and hat are great freebies.

And the cargo mat is an amazingly close fit. It works well. May do a touch of trimming along it's double-outlined edge.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
The Compass cargo mat. Very close to perfect. The width is perfect. It's just a tad long, and a tad too round at the hatch end. Came out of the bag a little curly, but has flattened out over time.

A touch too long just laying there...

...but if you tuck a little of that extra material in behind the seat, the length works as-is. I may trim some of the length off of this end behind the seat this summer.

Registered
Thats an excellent find (y):love:

A great additional extra for safety is a thin, fluorescent yellow jacket and trousers that easily fold up and will fit in a couple of the wee "dookits" beside your gloves and tyre compressor (y)(y)

Do you have an extending wheel wrench that you can put beside your kit? I used one a few days ago on an old "Truck" and I was glad of the extra purchase it gave when changing a tyre. :p:D:D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts