Jeep Renegade Forum banner

DynoDave Build Thread

5K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  puddlesplasher 
#1 ·
Well, new to me anyway. I have money down on a 2017 Renegade Latitude, Alpine White with 2.4L and 4WD. The Jeep dealer is fixing a few things for me first, so I hope to be taking delivery by mid-week or so.

I've had Plymouths, Dodges, Chryslers, Chevys, Buicks, Oldsmobiles, GMCs, Pontiacs, and even a Renault, and my kids have had Saturns and Suzukis, but this is my first Jeep. My brother has had 3 or 4 new Jeep Wranglers over the years, and loved them. Plus, they were good vehicles, reliable, no issues. So I'm looking forward to giving this Renegade a try.

I'll post a few pics when I pick it up.

#32 ·
Like a lot of folks, one of the improvements I wanted to make to my Renegade over the way it was ordered was to add a full sized spare tire.

For something I might never use, I couldn't bring myself to pay some of the kit prices online, and thought I might have to do without. Then I found a fellow on Craigslist locally selling a full setup, and a few more.

Out with the old.

This guy sold me the spare wheel and tire, mounting hardware, and tool kit, for a Renegade. It also included some Compass parts...4 factory winter mats, a cargo area mat, and a jack. On top of that, a new 5-star dealer pull-over in red, and a dealership Jeep hat. I guess he kept the jacket and hat in there as rain gear.

Compass mats, jack and coat.

While the spare jack and floor mats will likely not be of much value, the coat and hat are great freebies.

And the cargo mat is an amazingly close fit. It works well. May do a touch of trimming along it's double-outlined edge.

#34 ·
The Compass cargo mat. Very close to perfect. The width is perfect. It's just a tad long, and a tad too round at the hatch end. Came out of the bag a little curly, but has flattened out over time.

A touch too long just laying there...

...but if you tuck a little of that extra material in behind the seat, the length works as-is. I may trim some of the length off of this end behind the seat this summer.

#37 · (Edited)
Thats an excellent find (y):love:

A great additional extra for safety is a thin, fluorescent yellow jacket and trousers that easily fold up and will fit in a couple of the wee "dookits" beside your gloves and tyre compressor (y)(y)

Do you have an extending wheel wrench that you can put beside your kit? I used one a few days ago on an old "Truck" and I was glad of the extra purchase it gave when changing a tyre. :p:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.