Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if I missed it and this has already been addressed.

I recently replaced all brake pads on my 2020 renegade.

This is my 2nd renegade (2017 & 2020).

When I did brakes on the 17, reinstating the ebs system happened without a problem.

Not the case for the 20. :-/
It's like the switch is dead. Power on, foot on brake, and.... nothing.

We've unhooked the battery and Googled for any answers, I've even spoken with jeep service, and they of course want me to bring it in and pay a great price for them to do the same hunting and research we've already done, but they didn't have any suggestions that we hadn't already tried...

Is there a fuse for the ebs?
Anyone had this specific issue?
Any ideas?

(Idk if it matters but because of the created supply chain issues.... I've had to purchase aftermarket pads.)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
"EBS"? :unsure: Electronic Brake Service...?

Or do you mean EPB (Electronic Parking Brake)?

And by "reinstating," you mean resetting?

As you probably know, here's what the Owner's Manual says about Brake Service Mode (2021):

Font Number Document

Are you seeing a message in the instrument cluster, like it says?

Silly question...but are you pressing the EPB switch with the brake applied, like it says? You didn't mention that... ;)

By the way, I'm no expert...I've never done a brake job on a "modern" vehicle (newer than early-80s, and the last brake job I did was in that same decade).

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electric brake service mode.
Yes I pressed the brake firmly about 1000 times.

I've now disconnected the negative battery cable 4 times hoping for a different result since ive read that some reset a couple times and it worked.

However it has not given me a different result :-/

I am absolutely seeing the dedicated message on the uconnect as well as at start up in the instrument cluster and the warning light.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Electric brake service mode.
OK... Because Jeep doesn't use that term, at least in the Owner's Manual.

Yes I pressed the brake firmly about 1000 times.
I was asking whether you pressed (applied) the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) switch while pressing the brake pedal... You still haven't specified that...

I am absolutely seeing the dedicated message on the uconnect as well as at start up in the instrument cluster and the warning light.
So at least that's working correctly...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Jeep did use a term very close to that in the 2020 owner's manual
Oops, my apologies to the OP. OK, Electric Park Brake Service Mode.

And taking another look at my 2021 manual, the section is titled Brake Service Mode.

Still, I was confused by the EBS acronym. It's always good practice to define your acronyms up-front. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts