Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up to this point, it has been smooth sailing with my Renegade since I purchased it back in July 2015. I have 8,000 miles on it.

Earlier this afternoon on my way to an appointment, I got the "Low Oil Pressure" warning - every time I turned a corner. Luckily I was less than a mile from home. I figured I would call the dealership tomorrow (Saturday) morning and take it in and have them look at it.

About two hours ago, I went to run to the corner store, less than a mile form the house. I got two blocks, and while turning, it dies. Lights, radio, interior lights all still on and going, but the engine just died mid-turn. I coasted best I could, threw my hazards on and started checking into things best I could. I had sufficient battery charge according to the computer, oil was good, 1/2 tank of gas. Dang thing just wouldn't turn over. Threw it into neutral to push it as close to the curb and do as normal of a parking job as I could - which with the parking break button can be a real hassle. Tried it again and no go. And then I finally noticed the red ETC light that I have never seen before.

Called Chrysler 24 hour assistance and they're going to tow it to the dealership in the morning, when I can be with it. It was a grumbly two block walk back home, but sure beat being anywhere else at 11:00 at night.

I have noticed that it has been running a little rumbly in the last few days. So, we'll see what they say at the dealership and I'll share what I find out. This is my first ever brand spanking new vehicle, which I decided on after the death trap Chrysler PT Cruiser I previously had.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem with their Renegade? Supposedly mine had software updates done and I was assured I wouldn't have any of those known issues - my buddy is a sales guy at the dealership, so I may have to go punch him in the nose if this isn't the case or if I've ended up paying for a lemon.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Rough idle with stalling was something the folks who had the evap recovery tube installed poorly got. I don't recall the inability to restart though. There's also a number of tsbs in the tab section with rough idle as symptom.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
May be that the oil pressure switch got to a point of low reading ( correct or not) that it cut out the engine and interrupts the start circuit until the oil pressure is back up again.

So may be a bad switch assuming oil level is normal.

Or if the oil is OK, then you welded your engine forever.

Here's hoping for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.