Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L FWD
119 Posts
The GPS adapter I still have. I'll be more than happy to send it to you. My Jeep apparently only had the SiriusXM antenna and no GPS antenna so I never used it. No charge of course I'll just send it.

The USB adapter I got from Best Buy .
Thanks for the offer to send the GPS adapter, I live in Saudi Arabia though...

Do you have a link I could possibly purchase from?

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ah. I was over in Saudi for a few months back in '91. Dahran, to be exact. (probably spelling it wrong?)

This is the GPS Adapter I purchased from Amazon

I couldn't get it to plug into any of the OEM plugs though. Not sure where my car is getting the "Compass" setting from on the dash if none of those plugs were for a GPS. It's strange.

Thanks for the offer to send the GPS adapter, I live in Saudi Arabia though...

Do you have a link I could possibly purchase from?

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L FWD
119 Posts
Ah. I was over in Saudi for a few months back in '91. Dahran, to be exact. (probably spelling it wrong?)

This is the GPS Adapter I purchased from Amazon

I couldn't get it to plug into any of the OEM plugs though. Not sure where my car is getting the "Compass" setting from on the dash if none of those plugs were for a GPS. It's strange.
Thanks for the link!

Some big bases over in Dahran. Nice to know you are familiar with the area!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, I got this same head unit and it should be arriving in the next week or so, was wondering how yo all are enjoying the unit later? Were you able to squash the flashing odometer issue? I'm going to guess the best plan of attack is to take to an installer to get it done but were they able do the proxy alignment as well? Thanks for any tips and advice you may have.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yup! The flashing odometer was fixed by a proxi align. However, from what I've read, you may or may not need one as YMMV.

I love the radio even with the issue I'm having about my parking brake automatically engaging while putting the vehicle in Park (never did that before) but, besides that, I couldn't be happier. I also discovered that it supports wireless Android Auto as well as Wireless carplay - at least on my Google Pixel 6 Pro phone so that was a welcome surprise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear the odometer issue was fixed. Did you have your buddy in the audio shop flash it or did you have to go to the dealer? Looking at maybe buying the cable and software myself if it is something a lamen can do.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I went ahead with what everyone else recommended "AlfaOBD" and a OBDII cable with the "gray adapter". In hindsight however, it might have been cheaper overall to take it to the dealer and get them to perform the "Proxi Alignment". Once you add up the cost of the AlfaOBD software + the OBDII scanner + the gray adapter (which you may or may not need to perform the Proxi Alignment - I did and found out the hard way that I needed it) it might have been cheaper to take it to the Dealer for the "flash".

Some argue that the tools are a good investment to have. But, after using it the one time, I've never needed to use it again. lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts