Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
No idea about that. My best advice would be to send the seller a message via AliExpress and ask. They have been nothing but receptive every time I've contacted them with a question. They are probably going to ask you to take a picture of your OEM wiring harness.

But this head unit will work on 2015? Even though it says 2016-2020.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally got the radio installed, flashing odometer and the automatic parking break issue. Dealership tried to flash the proxy alignment but it didn't take. Could the fact that the oem system would take the oem update be the issue? Has anyone found the setting to kill the auto parking brake? @Usafle does your Renny have the beats audio system? My audio sounds like crap now and the install tech seems to think it's because the headunit isn't reading that there is a factory amp. Ugh, I'm almost ready to pull it out and go back to factory but I am trying to hold steady.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey @Usafle! Yes, my unit is the same Ekiy T7, the only diference is that mine is the 4+64GB version...

I sent a message to the dealer yesterday via aliexpress and they send me this answer:

https://oknavi-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/djj_oknavi_onmicrosoft_com/EoAJM8TL1YdGoc21W22XMfkBa8nnoX6VJvpk7pub8bmXwg?e=zdhI0J
Password EKIY888

Follow my steps to update the system to check. 1. Format your USB flash drive, not SD /TF card 2. Download the zip file in below link and unzip it, copy all unzip files to your format USB flash drive root directory 3. Connect your USB flash drive to the device USB port, power on the device 4. It will automatically upgrade the system after the power on.

We send the item with 360 function IC to you, in the future, if you want to use 360 camera function

I did this today and worked perfectly!!! Thanks a lot for your time trying to help me!
Danielmanse, what version of the firmware does your unit now read? I am wondering if some of my issues will clear up if I flash the shared ROM.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Not sure why your proxy alignment didn't take at the dealership - when I did mine manually via AlfaOBD and it "took". Your sentence: "Could the fact that the oem system would take the oem update be the issue?" - I don't understand it, can you rephrase?

I have made some headway with the Engineers over at EKIY and they are sending me an updgraded CANBUS decoder. It's already shipped out - currently waiting for the delivery to see if this fixes most of the issues (eg: auto parking brake). This has been a very slow process with trying to convince thier engineers that they are "wrong" about the vehicle settings page on these radios missing most of the ... settings.

No, I do not have the beats audio system in my vehicle. I know there is an option (under the EQ I believe) that allows for a checkmark for a factory amp installed. You might want to poke around a bit. It's either the one for a SUB in the EQ or there is a setting in the vehicle settings screen for an AMP.

Finally got the radio installed, flashing odometer and the automatic parking break issue. Dealership tried to flash the proxy alignment but it didn't take. Could the fact that the oem system would take the oem update be the issue? Has anyone found the setting to kill the auto parking brake? @Usafle does your Renny have the beats audio system? My audio sounds like crap now and the install tech seems to think it's because the headunit isn't reading that there is a factory amp. Ugh, I'm almost ready to pull it out and go back to factory but I am trying to hold steady.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, what I was trying to say was, I tried to update the uconnect system before I got the headunit. For some reason no matter what tricks I tried, I was unable to get that system to update. So my question was, since I couldn't update the uconnect, could that be the reason the proxy alignment didn't work?

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I doubt that. The uConnect system is "in" the HeadUnit. I would not even fathom a guess as to why you couldn't update the OEM uConnect. That's strange. Unless, and no offense meant, it was user error during the update steps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I doubt that. The uConnect system is "in" the HeadUnit. I would not even fathom a guess as to why you couldn't update the OEM uConnect. That's strange. Unless, and no offense meant, it was user error during the update steps?
None taken! I was thinking maybe it was too large of a jump. Either way, it didn't work and now I have newer technology to work through!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update: Tech guys had me use Cherokee hiamp canbus option and I now have awesome sound again. Hell, sounds better than the original stereo!

Still having the same auto parking brake issue though. Hopefully we all get a fix for that.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
They had me try that as well thinking that would fix the auto park brake and other issues. However, switching to the Cherokee protocol changed all my HVAC controls to Celsius and all sorts of other issues started to appear - it still didn't fix the auto park brake and I was unable to change any of the other vehicle settings. The On Screen display also would no longer show up when I activated my heated seats, and these few things are just from memory. Just keep an eye on your vehicle. Switching to that protocol made things worse. It might fix your audio issues, but now other things may happen. I would argue that point with them that what they told you to do is not a "fix" to your issue but more like a "band-aid". You don't own a Cherokee....

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@lostandneverfound - still waiting for the "upgraded" CANBUS decoder box to arrive. Once it actually shows up and I pull the radio, I'll let you know if it fixes anything or, makes things worse. They charged me another $30USD for it. I was going to argue the fact that I shouldn't have to pay more for something that should have been included in the first place but, decided against it in the long run just to get this issue resolved for everyone here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@lostandneverfound - still waiting for the "upgraded" CANBUS decoder box to arrive. Once it actually shows up and I pull the radio, I'll let you know if it fixes anything or, makes things worse. They charged me another $30USD for it. I was going to argue the fact that I shouldn't have to pay more for something that should have been included in the first place but, decided against it in the long run just to get this issue resolved for everyone here.
Dang, making you pay is crazy! I'm still battling with them. They had me update the canbus, it didn't look like it took and they rep even said it didn't. Then when they came back on Monday said the upgrade went through fine and argued with me all week that it was fine. It's almost like they don't read their own notes, lol.

They have sente an API to install but I'm away so as soon as I get home I'll test this. They just don't want to accept that the auto parking brake was NOT an option for our Jeeps.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
If memory serves, on some models / configurations - it actually was. I've seen pictures of others stock uConnect screens that show an option for a auto park brake.

Why ours that originally never had that option is now defaulting to it ,.... I have no idea.

I was going to attempt to use AlfaOBD to try and manually put a stop to it but, my experience with that software has been less than pleasant and nerve wracking lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
I got the XTRONS head unit and it has the parking brake option. The options are: 1) Brake engages any time car is shifted into PARK. 2) Brake engages when car is turned off. These are the same options I had with the stock unit. There was a time when you could totally disable it, but later factory software upgrades changed it to the 2 options that I stated above (company CYA, I think). I have mine set for engagement when turned off.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I'm 99.9% positive I did NOT have that option in my OEM radio. Why it is engaging it now is beyond me. I think even though a proxi alignment was successful it still knows something is missing and kind of "ran home to momma" so to speak and defaulted to it?

The upgrade CANBUS they are sending me is the exact one that the XTRONS company is using. I know this because I had someone send me a picture of the CANBUS from his. I then went back to EKIY and said " hey this other company has been making the same radio and they have no such issues with anything CANBUS related. What gives? "

41 - 60 of 65 Posts