Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driveway goes downwards and I share my garage with another renegade, and I do open the door while reversing to make sure I am properly aligned. How can I turn off or change the setting on automatic EPB engagement?

From the manual:
Safehold is a new feature that will automatically apply the park brake under certain conditions. The EPB monitors the status of the driver’s seat belt, driver’s door and pedal positions to determine if the driver may have exited while the vehicle is still capable of moving and will then automatically apply the park brake to prevent the vehicle from rolling
Cheers!

Jay

·
Registered
715 Posts
Open the door, move an inch or so, ebrake kicks on, then press it to turn off.

I pull cars in and out of bays daily, up to 25-35 times. Many new cars do this, out of obvious safety. Mercedes used to have an override where you just hold the shifter in D but now it'll throw it into park no matter what if a door is open. That's a lot more annoying than just the enrage kicking on..

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I may be mistaken but press the APPS button on the right hand side of your screen. Scroll through the options till you see the one saying brakes. Press it to disconnect the brake for want of a better phrase.

Then start your Jeep to engage it.

It's not available on my 2015 model :eek::cry::cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts