Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having issues with their lights specifically? I just got a 2015 Renegade Latitude. It's already gone in once for the my sky roof (it wouldn't shut all the way) and my fog lights are acting up. It seems when I slow down to turn or even back up they flip on and then shut off. I've already taken it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything. I was told to drive it for a month and see what happens. I plan on doing so. Also, when I have my lights on auto they turn on and off through out the mid morning. Is this just because it's that twilight kind of hr and the sensor is being triggered? Other than these annoyances I absolutely love this car :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
My headlights do the same when the sun is low and I go in and out of shadows. I changed the sensitivity and they are better.

The fog lights act as cornering lights and will come on when you turn or turn on the turn signals, below a certain speed anyway. Your dealer should know this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fog light issues

Just bought a 2015 Renegade Lat. Didn't make it all the way home before Mysky wouldn't shut on it's own. Also, my fog lights act up. Sometimes when I slow down (almost to a stop) they come on, same with reverse. Are they supposed to? The dealership installed my needed up dates which fixed the roof but I am still noticing the fog lights. Any one else? BTW.....even with the hiccups I love my car :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have a MySky so I can't speak to that, but I can pass on what I know about the fog lights. They automatically turn on in the side that you are turning to as long as you are going below 25 mph (I believe it's 25, not completely sure.) It definitely confused me at first too, but it's described in the manual.

I assume this is to assist when you are driving at night and going around a blind corner. The fog lights themselves are pretty incredible too. I drove up the North Shore last weekend from Minneapolis and didn't get there until late. When I flipped on the fog lights, you can see clear across your peripherals, lights up the whole road.

Enjoy the Jeep, I know I am!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
"Fog Lights"

The fog lights will act as cornering lights at speeds at about 20 mph or lower unless the lights are already on from using the button on the dash.

The cornering light will come on as soon as you turn the steering wheel (even when stopped). Turning the wheel back and forth will alternately illuminate the light on the side that the wheel is pointing.

And as mentioned, the cornering light will come on when the turn signal is activated even if the steering wheel is not yet turned (as long as you're not going over ~20 mph).

If your lights are not acting as described above, then there is indeed something that needs to be serviced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.