Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed but the location of the parking brake button is killing me. One of the first things I did was to disable the pb feature. But locating the switch right next to the cup holder is a stroke of sheer stupidity. I am constantly inadvertently activating it because of its assinine location. And then, not realizing it is on, I try to accelerate. That can't be a good thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I personally did not like the electronic emergency brake to begin with. I have it in two jeeps (Renegade and Cherokee). Over the past few months I have grown to like it, especially how well it holds the vehicle on an incline. As far as location, I really do not have an issue with it. Dont know how long you have had your jeep but you will get acclimated to it soon enough. Others have had negative views as well but got used to the switch and how it works

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I know this has been discussed but the location of the parking brake button is killing me. One of the first things I did was to disable the pb feature. But locating the switch right next to the cup holder is a stroke of sheer stupidity. I am constantly inadvertently activating it because of its assinine location. And then, not realizing it is on, I try to accelerate. That can't be a good thing.
What are you doing that causes you to activate the brake by mistake?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I like the e-brake location too. I think it is just right and have no problems with its operation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The locations seems ok to me,but I am not a fan of electric brakes. One problem is what if something goes wrong with the battery on a highway and the vehicles stalls,how do you stop!? I only say that because I had that happen in my 78 chevy pick up. The hold down bracket for the battery broke and going around a corner the battery fell onto the header and melted and caused an electric nightmare and the truck stalled e brake is how I got stopped.

On another note I have found out if you try to drive with the door open the E brake applies itself. I was trying to drive mine onto ramps to look under it with the door open to see when I was on the ramp and E brake applied itself. So I guess there is no Jeep feeling of removing the doors and driving unless you bypass the door switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.