Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Since you are talking about the US engines, your only other choice is likely to be an upgrade to the 2.4L coupled to the automatic.

If you want a manual, the smaller engine may be your only choice based on what it appears the US will be provided.

As for FWD, did you mean Front Wheel Drive or Four Wheel Drive? If the former, I see no point in investing in a Renegade with anything other that 4x4.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Since you are talking about the US engines, your only other choice is likely to be an upgrade to the 2.4L coupled to the automatic.

If you want a manual, the smaller engine may be your only choice based on what it appears the US will be provided.

As for FWD, did you mean Front Wheel Drive or Four Wheel Drive? If the former, I see no point in investing in a Renegade with anything other that 4x4.

Just my $0.02.
And folks wonder why so few manuals are sold in the US. I am shopping this model as I drive manuals, but I also tow light loads (dirtbike, utility trailer). I may have to pass based on this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
And folks wonder why so few manuals are sold in the US. I am shopping this model as I drive manuals, but I also tow light loads (dirtbike, utility trailer). I may have to pass based on this.
The Automatic Option is explained in Europe as the easiest Way to drive a Car ... even stupid American Morons are able to use Automatic ... so as we are not that clever as the US Boys, we insist on driving manuals anyway ... :)>:D:D:x;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Automatic Option is explained in Europe as the easiest Way to drive a Car ... even stupid American Morons are able to use Automatic ... so as we are not that clever as the US Boys, we insist on driving manuals anyway ... :)>:D:D:x;)
Obviously, you Yuro's can't consume coffee while texting and applying makeup now can you >:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D

HA ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does it make sense to buy the Renegade Edition Opening, engine MultiAir2 1.4, 140PS, FWD?

It depends where you live and what's the purpose of the car.
I've got the 1400 Turbo front wheel drive, for me livin' in the Netherlands(driving 4x4 is not allowed anywhere) it's a great car.
There really no use for a 4x4, and the 140 bhp is enough,....and the opening edition, normally (in Holland) you pay for a Renegade with leather and all the stuff over 34.000 euro ( 42.500 USD) and now only 30.500 euro (38.500 USD) ,...What's not to like?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I'm very pleased with the engine.
(Remember my last car was a Mini Cooper S Coupe with 184pk, I'm used to some power)
The engine picks up fine, even in sixth gear!

I drove almost 2000 km in the last two weeks, and if I had to choose again,....I would choose the Renegade 1.4 Multi air Opening Edition.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Great choice in vehicles.
I used to work at a BMW dealer that had a Mini department and had the opportunity to drive them in both manual and automatic transmissions and in manual it was really fun!
What transmission was yours?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That was 37 years ago I'd hope they've made some advancements in engine technology and quality since then lol
What, wait, are you saying the technology has improved since I owned my 1960s Fiat 850, back in the mid 70s?

So does that mean my wheel cylinder will not leak again, sending me careening out of control into a sign post and whipping out my front end, right after I rebuilt the engine? (That's what you get for buying a car for $25)

Reactions: Willy

·
Registered
831 Posts
What, wait, are you saying the technology has improved since I owned my 1960s Fiat 850, back in the mid 70s?

So does that mean my wheel cylinder will not leak again, sending me careening out of control into a sign post and whipping out my front end, right after I rebuilt the engine? (That's what you get for buying a car for $25)

bring back the days of $25 cars and reliability isn't such an issue ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.