Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Buy the strips from ebay and stick them to the underside of the hood. You can run the wire through the hood frame or heat shield. Wire them straight to the battery with a switch between the power.

I run this setup on my old cars that tend to break down often. That way I don't have to work on them in the dark if then break down at night. Those ebay led strips have held up for a few years now and still work. The heat under the hood hasn't damaged the leds or the sticky backings.

You can always buy a light that hooks up to the battery. These are made for the reasons I noted above. The have hooks or clamps to mount under the hood as well. You can keep it in the trunk or spare tire space and pull it out when you need it. I keep a slime tire pump with a built in light in my trunk. This one uses a cig light and doesn't clamp onto the battery. But I installed a cig lighter under the hood to be used as well. So now I have a cig lighter under the hood, in the inside of the car, and the one in the trunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.