Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody had more insight on the engine breaking the 9 speed has. When i was coming downhill last night just slow on a dirt road (in 4low) it would hold be back until about 1500rpm. Then it would just let go and i would coast having to apply the break. Noticed that if i came to a stop or dropped the rpms below 1000 it would almost "re engage the engine breaking process". Anybody had this experience or some more insight on how it all works whether its 4wd or even when youre in 2wd ive felt it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Its probably the torque converter unlocking. Feels like your putting in the clutch halfway down a hill. You get that ease of forward motion though your still in gear. My Kia did this all the time. Especially down long off-ramps or over long steep hills. Has to do with regenerative breaking and global warming. Its science.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its probably the torque converter unlocking. Feels like your putting in the clutch halfway down a hill. You get that ease of forward motion though your still in gear. My Kia did this all the time. Especially down long off-ramps or over long steep hills. Has to do with regenerative breaking and global warming. Its science.
Ahhhh, global warming was my second suspicion...right after ISIS haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.