Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Line up for the Lemon Law....
It sure looks like it's heading that way. The lemon law for Fl is you have to have brought the vehicle in at least 3 times for the same issue or the vehicle has been out of service for a specified number of days (don't know how many) and then notify FCA US LLC and I guess get an attorney lined up.
Today the service rep called to have me come in tomorrow to have a tech go with me to a car wash to help diagnose problem, which is something I asked for on the first visit when they claimed they would not since it was a safety feature. I really don't
see at this point how that would bring us any closer to a fix. I think they are trying to buy some time or make it appear as if they are really trying to work on this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Stand your ground and don't settle for less. Good luck to you.
Thank you I am trying to hold my ground and my temper. This dealership is making that hard to do. This last time I dropped of my vehicle, it had exactly 3,467 miles and yesterday when I got in my vehicle to go with the dealer tech to a car wash to replicate the engine shut off, the mileage was 3,511. Somehow there is an extra 44 miles that the service manager could not account for. Since they needed me to be present in the car to go through the wash there was no reason for test drives to account for extra mileage. The manager gave the additional 44 unaccounted miles no importance. This by far is the worst dealership I have ever encountered. By the way right on que the engine shut down immediately before entering wash. The tech was speechless especially at the end of the wash with other vehicles rolling down closely behind me and me rushing to restart. So the saga continues, I have to wait for the service manager to contact "STAR" at Jeep Corp to see what the next step is. This story is dragging a lot longer than it should be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hopefully this is the final chapter. A Jeep Corp tech hooked up a computer to my vehicle and found that the radio frequency module needed to be replaced. I asked to be present for the final test drive through the car wash and was happy that the engine did not shut down. Ironically a headlight went out when the service manager drove my car to meet me at the wash. It took much longer than it needed to for the issue to be resolved, was met by several obstacles including a condescending service rep and the additional 44 unaccounted for miles. I filed complaints with Jeep Corp, Mopar, Florida Agriculture Dept and invoked the "lemon law" before this final chapter.
As for the unaccounted mileage, the service manager offered to make one car payment and instead I asked for a full tank of gas, replace headlight and a gas card. He made good of the first 2 requests and the 3rd is pending.
The experience with this particular dealership has been absolutely disconcerting and I will be looking to find another one for future repairs, oil changes regardless of how far it may be from my home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 1997 Chevy cut off when I put the transmission in 'Drive.' It stopped the grand opening of the whole place. Things got touchy when the wrecker came to load my car and blocked traffic. Some grand opening for me ! The bill was $ 300- wrecker, clean spark plugs, and a new distributor. Super Sonic Suds car wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have the same problem going through the car wash and the car engine shuts off. What I found was this is indeed a safety feature. With the engine running and the car in neutral the anti roll safety feature will engage Turning off the engine. So now at the end of the car wash I have to put the car in park and restart the car all while hoping the car behind me doesn’t crash into my car.. My question is how to turn off this feature.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Tonootz, great post and it demonstrates what a fantastic safety feature is built into your Jeep. (y)(y)(y)

It confuses me as to why you want to turn off such an important safety feature. o_Oo_Oo_O Unless you mean to turn it off only momentarily whilst in the car wash and reconnect upon exiting. That is understandable as you knew what had happened before, but my fear would be failing to reconnect the safety feature. Thereafter at some point the Jeep starts rolling on any decline and fails to stop and causes untold carnage to life or property.

I offer you that point of wisdom as years ago I was given penalty points on my licence for failing to set a handbrake on an HGV that crossed a road on a very, very, small decline. No damage to persons or property ensued but the consequences are horrendous to imagine.

Believe me when I say I truly wish that 30 years my HGV had our safety feature.:eek::)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts