Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2,000 miles on my 4x4 Renegade, started the vehicle yesterday, engine light came on and read service engine soon, AC controls not working at all. Water built up in doors after rain and caused musty smell in vehicle. The door seals don't seem to be properly fitted for the vehicle. This is my first Jeep and first domestic vehicle. I drove a VW Tiguan for five years until this vehicle caught my eye!

· Registered
52 Posts
2,000 miles on my 4x4 Renegade, started the vehicle yesterday, engine light came on and read service engine soon, AC controls not working at all. Water built up in doors after rain and caused musty smell in vehicle. The door seals don't seem to be properly fitted for the vehicle. This is my first Jeep and first domestic vehicle. I drove a VW Tiguan for five years until this vehicle caught my eye!

I would get that right into the dealer and ensure they know you want anything water damaged replaced such as sound deadening materials in the door and any carpets that got wet. Same with speakers if they got wet.
Are all 4 doors filling with water ? Any water inside the door is probably from incorrectly installed seals at the windows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.