Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep died as I was driving in to town yesterday :(

The odometer had just reached 500 miles and the engine suddenly stopped running while I was driving. I was able to coast into a parking lot and when I tried to restart it the motor would turn over briefly then stop cranking. It was displaying every fault message possible. They took it to the dealer but they have not figured it out yet.

Anyone else hear of such a problem? I couldn't find it among any of the posts here. I am also worried since I see so many problems among the posts :eek:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yikes, scary! I haven't had any issues. A couple others had something which sounded similar. I think they had to replace the on board computer on one... maybe? Hope they get you fixed up and it's your last bad experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess we dodged a bullet there. Apparently there was an electrical connection on the fuel injection harness and another on the main CPU harness that were not completely locked together. It appears that all is well now and we will pick up the car this afternoon.

Seems like bad connections are a rather common theme among the service complaints. Perhaps they need some additional training at the factory over in Italy?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Was it 500 or 5,000 miles?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I guess we dodged a bullet there. Apparently there was an electrical connection on the fuel injection harness and another on the main CPU harness that were not completely locked together. It appears that all is well now and we will pick up the car this afternoon.

Seems like bad connections are a rather common theme among the service complaints. Perhaps they need some additional training at the factory over in Italy?
I am glad to hear everything is okay and it was a simple fix!! Keep us updated.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Check your build date. check wires on the firewall behind the intake manifold for damage.

Earlier build dates can have the issue with the crushed BCM wiring harness by the firewall. It causes shorts. This can garble can-bus communication which can throw tons of errors. Eventually the shorting will destroy the BCM which can cause any kind of weirdness up to total unresponsiveness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.