Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I doubt it would be remotely close to fitting. I have the 6.4 in my Challenger and it is a big engine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know why Jeep hasn't played with the turbo that Dodge used on the 2008-2009 Caliber SRT-4 which put out 285hp and 265lb-ft of torq. I think that would of been a nice addition trail hawk/desert hawk package.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So has anyone tried to swap say a 6.4 hemi into their jeep renegade yet?
I am sure I saw an article where the Renegade used in the Batman v Superman DOJ film has a Hemi in it - it was built for the film to do the high speed action sequence at the beginning of the film - that might be your starting point

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know why Jeep hasn't played with the turbo that Dodge used on the 2008-2009 Caliber SRT-4 which put out 285hp and 265lb-ft of torq. I think that would of been a nice addition trail hawk/desert hawk package.
It would be a nice addition... I miss my caliber with a passion! A tune , exhaust and your at 320ish whp!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know about the cummins crate engines and if that would fit in a renegade? I'm sure there would be a lot of other processes involved in getting the transmission and all the electrical to work with it but it would be nice to have a diesel version in the states

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love my 2.0 turbo diesel torque is great 140hp is good but wish it had the trail hawk diesel 170hp will probably have it remapped when it's out of warranty 200+ hp is easily achievable with this engine

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Considering the 1.4 has been proven to easily make 300+ horsepower with a decent amount of torque... I’m sticking to that haha , but I will say I am interested in seeing results as I have seen ls motors shoved into the older s series saturns haha

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I agree. They put the 2.0 turbo in the Cherokee with the 9 speed transmission. It would bolt right up, and they already has the software available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im under way of swapping a 4g63T(mitsubishi motor) in my renegade, and doing some heavy fab work to possibly do a wide body kit. To fit some meaty tires under it. Trying for AWD as well
Bro you have an Instagram? I wanna follow this build

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Im under way of swapping a 4g63T(mitsubishi motor) in my renegade, and doing some heavy fab work to possibly do a wide body kit. To fit some meaty tires under it. Trying for AWD as well
Picture, make sure you post some pictures of your progress.
I for one would like to see how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
3,184 Posts
You guys know he has not been on in over 2 months since he mad this post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts