Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi magidea, thanks for the shots, do you own the Trailhawk or did you get these shots at your local dealer?

· Registered
134 Posts
In those shots posted lately it appears there is more room than previously thought between the tire and coil spring cradle on the strut.

· Premium Member
321 Posts
In those shots posted lately it appears there is more room than previously thought between the tire and coil spring cradle on the strut.
Well I know where 5mm of that extra room came from. The tires in the picture above are 215/60R17s and the tires they've shown on the U.S. preproduction models have been 215/65R17s. You are right though. It does appear to have more room. Could that be the extra .8" lift they've been talking about on the TH?

· Registered
115 Posts
The U.S. spec sheet still shows "Goodyear Wrangler SRA or Falken Wildpeak"
If I decide to get a Renegade this year I really hope they go with the Falkens. I've had nothing on my cars but Falken tires for a decade + and they've been amazing tires that have performed well, never let me down, and always come in way under the costs of any equivalent tires.

The current header image at http://www.jeep.com/en/2015/renegade/ shows it equipped with the Falkens... so fingers crossed.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Well I know where 5mm of that extra room came from. The tires in the picture above are 215/60R17s and the tires they've shown on the U.S. preproduction models have been 215/65R17s. You are right though. It does appear to have more room. Could that be the extra .8" lift they've been talking about on the TH?
Yes on all points.

Interesting tire. I do know Goodyear Ultra Grip/Ice is a similiar design. But the compound is soft and sloppy in the summer. Almost gel-like. And on a TH suspension... not sure.

But I am sure someone will try taller wheels but maybe not be able to go wider.
Its going to look different.

NICE PICS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.