Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this just now, thought I was seeing things. Who's got 900$ I can borrow right quick?? Cat back for the 2.4 and 2 tips! Part # 82214600

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Saw this just now, thought I was seeing things. Who's got 900$ I can borrow right quick?? Cat back for the 2.4 and 2 tips! Part # 82214600
1) I guarantee you that pic isn't an exhaust systme for the renegade.

2) Some places seem to be listing that as a wrangler 2-door exhaust system when I google it. Most places don't, but I'd double check what you are getting before you order anything.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That looks like a picture for a V6 or maybe even a V8 engine. It could be just a generic picture listed with the Renegade cat-back listing if they don't yet have an actual picture of the Renegade exhaust.

My thoughts on louder exhaust for the Renegade (or any 4 cylinder car):

Cons for putting on a new cat back exhaust:
- Cost a lot of money
- Waste a perfectly good stock exhaust system
- Annoy your friends and neighbors with a fart can four-cylinder sound
- May be difficult to line up exactly right
- Possibly reduce a little ground clearance and/or departure angle
- Won't increase power and could actually reduce some torque at certain RPMs

Pros for putting on a new cat back exhaust:
- None

If you really want a good sounding exhaust, just buy a Challenger/Camaro/Mustang/Vette/etc. with a V8 and then put on a decent exhaust. At least then it will sound deep and rumbly which is a sound that a 4 cylinder will never duplicate.

I'm not changing my Renegade exhaust and I have the stock exhaust on my V8 Challenger too (sounds great).

Okay, flame away. I have thick skin.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That looks like a picture for a V6 or maybe even a V8 engine. It could be just a generic picture listed with the Renegade cat-back listing if they don't yet have an actual picture of the Renegade exhaust.

My thoughts on louder exhaust for the Renegade (or any 4 cylinder car):

Cons for putting on a new cat back exhaust:
- Cost a lot of money
- Waste a perfectly good stock exhaust system
- Annoy your friends and neighbors with a fart can four-cylinder sound
- May be difficult to line up exactly right
- Possibly reduce a little ground clearance and/or departure angle
- Won't increase power and could actually reduce some torque at certain RPMs

Pros for putting on a new cat back exhaust:
- None

If you really want a good sounding exhaust, just buy a Challenger/Camaro/Mustang/Vette/etc. with a V8 and then put on a decent exhaust. At least then it will sound deep and rumbly which is a sound that a 4 cylinder will never duplicate.

I'm not changing my Renegade exhaust and I have the stock exhaust on my V8 Challenger too (sounds great).

Okay, flame away. I have thick skin.
Not every 4 cylinder engine sounds like a fart can. For example, A Subaru WRX STi has a deep sound to it, So does the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and any SR20det equipped Nissan Silva & 240sx... oh and The Fiat 500 Abarth turbo engine sounds very beastly as well!...oh wait that engine is also found in another vehicle - the Jeep Renegade.

Should you buy a fancy exhaust for the Renegade? I wouldn't. The 2.4L has enough grunt to it in stock form. For The 1.4L Fiat Abarth engine equipped Renegade, I would just have a custom mandrel bent cat back exhaust made at an exhaust shop for less than $200 to give it that rough & beastly Abarth sound. Someone else on this forum already has done this and it sounds exactly like the Abarth, and the Pros to having an exhaust shop fabricate your own exhaust are:

- Costs less than HALF of what a pre-made name brand exhaust would cost
- Perfect fitment without sacrificing ground clearance
- produces an aggressive sound
- power should stay the same during normal driving and increase slightly at high RPM

·
Read Only
108 Posts
The Magnaflow is not the one pictured you are talking about look it up. Its one that exits on side on passenger side in front of rear tire with dual outlets. I think it looks great. Check out there site.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not every 4 cylinder engine sounds like a fart can. For example, A Subaru WRX STi has a deep sound to it, So does the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and any SR20det equipped Nissan Silva & 240sx... oh and The Fiat 500 Abarth turbo engine sounds very beastly as well!...oh wait that engine is also found in another vehicle - the Jeep Renegade.

Should you buy a fancy exhaust for the Renegade? I wouldn't. The 2.4L has enough grunt to it in stock form. For The 1.4L Fiat Abarth engine equipped Renegade, I would just have a custom mandrel bent cat back exhaust made at an exhaust shop for less than $200 to give it that rough & beastly Abarth sound. Someone else on this forum already has done this and it sounds exactly like the Abarth, and the Pros to having an exhaust shop fabricate your own exhaust are:

- Costs less than HALF of what a pre-made name brand exhaust would cost
- Perfect fitment without sacrificing ground clearance
- produces an aggressive sound
- power should stay the same during normal driving and increase slightly at high RPM

Only if the shop is competent. I've seen some hack jobs that end up costing more to rectify than a bolt-on. Definitely seek out shop with experience building custom systems (like race shops). Some chain stores like Midas can be surprisingly good, but that depends entirely on who works there.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Only if the shop is competent. I've seen some hack jobs that end up costing more to rectify than a bolt-on. Definitely seek out shop with experience building custom systems (like race shops). Some chain stores like Midas can be surprisingly good, but that depends entirely on who works there.
You are exactly right fmunk! I have a shop locally that actually has a mandrel bending machine so they can produce high quality perfect bends just like the high flow name brand exhausts you can buy online like Magnaflow or Borla for way less money (but more money than midas or henry's muffler shop as they use crush bends).

If I do anything, I will be going to get a custom mandrel bent exhaust that will bolt up to the factory catalytic converter so that it can be removed/installed easily and the renegade can be returned to having the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Magnaflow is not the one pictured you are talking about look it up. Its one that exits on side on passenger side in front of rear tire with dual outlets. I think it looks great. Check out there site.
Yes, this is the actual magnaflow exhaust here, although it will only fit the 2.4L equipped renegades, and it appears to be an axle-back system (not a full size cat-back system) it does resemble the european exhaust and it does probably look very nice one installed... The 1.4L exhaust is still under development.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19119

·
Registered
81 Posts
Who's going to be the guinea pig that buys one and uploads the video for the rest of us?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.