Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is same. Size of the vehicle does't matter.
engine size does a v6 needs more quarts of oil then a 4 cylinder v8, v12 etc as does parts such as spark plugs it depends what the poster is talking about though its a new car so its got a warranty unless he means wear and tear stuff like brakes tires oil changes things like that then prices vary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out the required maintenance schedule in the back of the owner manual! I have to get the brake fluid changed every 20000 miles? Wow that's every 10 months for me! Bought the lifetime warranty, so I'll be getting all of the services when needed, but really?

·
Registered
8 Posts
First of all you should be clear what type of maintenance you need. If there is the requirement of changing some part,that part might be somewhat costlier than Wrangler's vehicle or vice-versa. In relation to the service of the vehicle concerned, it is almost the same and the difference is only between 10% to 15%.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It depends on how greedy your dealer is. I say that because I recently received a email coupon special from my dealer. Dealer is located near Leesburg, FL

One coupon reads; (4 oil change & filter $59.95). Most vehicles, oil disposal fee extra. Synthetic oil extra.

Another coupon reads. (4 Synthetic oil change & filter $159.95). Most vehicles, oil disposal fee extra.

I don't know if the 4 is the number of quarts used or 4 cylinder engine.

Note the $100 increase if using synthetic oil!!!!! If it takes 5 quarts that's $20 per quart mark up. I recently purchased a quart of Pennzoil synthetic from WalMart that meets Chrysler standards for $7.92.

Clifton

·
Registered
715 Posts
Working at a service facility, I see this too often. You can always do it yourself cheaper. But then you have to dispose of the oil and filter properly. And you have to get dirty, which in the jeep world not too many have a big problem with.

We charge 69.99 for full syn up to 5 qts. 11$ a qt is what pops up on invoice. Typically a good oil blend or full syn is going to be 50-60 at most facilities. Dealers are known to be the most expensive on most any service. And this is why we are so busy day in and day out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.