Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda bummed, a minor issue but after 2 months and 1300 miles, I was driving and the "Exterior Bulb Failure" light came on. I had to look the light up it seemed pretty obscure, there are a LOT of possible warning lights. Anyway, its on the light to the left of the license plate. But it does seem like an awfully premature failure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kinda bummed, a minor issue but after 2 months and 1300 miles, I was driving and the "Exterior Bulb Failure" light came on. I had to look the light up it seemed pretty obscure, there are a LOT of possible warning lights. Anyway, its on the light to the left of the license plate. But it does seem like an awfully premature failure.
Bad QC at the bulb factory. :)
I'd replace it and keep on chuggin'.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just had a rear bulb failure. Guess what? There turns out to be a software update for that, i just got it yesterday.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hello all,

I believe I've found the TSB that orthoguy is referring to. The symptom is described as "False exterior light failure messages being displayed in the Instrument Cluster."

TSB 08-071-15

SUBJECT:
Flash: BCM Update To Correct Various Symptoms

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the Body Control Module (BCM) software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 16, 2015 (MDH 0616XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may describe one or more of the following:
• The door locks are inoperative when locking/unlocking remotely.
• False activation of the Vehicle Security Alarm.
• False exterior light failure messages being displayed in the Instrument Cluster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI The assembly/cover shown in the manual for this is not the same as the one on the Renegade.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What do you mean there's a software update for a bulb failure? The bulb wasn't actually out?
On my Caliber, the headlight kept going out. After a while, even a new bulb didn't fix it. Turned out to be the power control module. Like $400 bucks to change a light bulb. Yeah, a software update is completely plausible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exterior light fault

Funny that mine did the same thing at 1300 miles. I hope that I don't have to pay for something so minor. I'll call my dealership to find out. They don't pay for the inconvenience of having to take it in.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Funny that mine did the same thing at 1300 miles. I hope that I don't have to pay for something so minor. I'll call my dealership to find out. They don't pay for the inconvenience of having to take it in.
Do you have the warning that a bulb is out? If so is there actually a faulty bulb or is it only a software fault?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts