Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team!

I need some advice. The passenger side trim flew off my Renegade a while back lol. After a quick search I was having trouble finding a replacement, so I called the local dealership. They said they don't keep trim pieces in stock but could order it. It would be two weeks, $600 to order and paint with no install 馃槶. Four weeks later, I still have no trim piece and I'm having issues getting a hold of the tech.

Anyone know if this is something I can find elsewhere myself? I hate all the plastic trim and really would love to rip it all off, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea. The clips are almost all intact, so the trim was the problem in this case.

Registered
Hello Team!

I need some advice. The passenger side trim flew off my Renegade a while back lol. After a quick search I was having trouble finding a replacement, so I called the local dealership. They said they don't keep trim pieces in stock but could order it. It would be two weeks, $600 to order and paint with no install 馃槶. Four weeks later, I still have no trim piece and I'm having issues getting a hold of the tech.
View attachment 2396351898
Anyone know if this is something I can find elsewhere myself? I hate all the plastic trim and really would love to rip it all off, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea. The clips are almost all intact, so the trim was the problem in this case.
View attachment 2396351899
i hate to say it but i have seen many parts (trim) for sale on e-bay and try your local junk yard, they work off a network

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the part just get the clips you need and use some silicone to put the part back on.
The clips are intact. This is an issue of the clips doing their job and the plastic trim becoming brittle and breaking. I've got a lead foot, but I'm not breaking the sound barrier or anything lol.

The trim can no longer attach because the spots where the clips sit are all broken. I'm not sure where I could silicone to make contact.

I pulled the other side off to see. These two pieces don't even exist on the piece that fell off. This one is from the driver's side and the piece the clips sit in is cracking on this one too.

The bit circled is where it connects and sits onto the next piece of trim. I mean, I could glue here, but there's no good spot on the curvature to attach and it would flop.

Registered
MzMarvel20 -

The Mach 5 ?? Ain't no way you're old enough to remember that cartoon !! I am and I'm embarrassed to say I have a couple of Mach 5 models in my computer room.... one even has the retractable buzz saws on the front end and a Chim-Chim to hide in the trunk :)

Registered
2021 White Renegade Limited
These do not require painting鈥.I replaced my drives side front because it was severely scratched up鈥.just ordered it and put it on鈥..comes with the clips in place鈥..just pop it on鈥..easy

Premium Member
I need some advice. The passenger side trim flew off my Renegade a while back lol. After a quick search I was having trouble finding a replacement, so I called the local dealership. It would be two weeks, $600 to order and paint with no install 馃槶. Four weeks later, I still have no trim piece and I'm having issues getting a hold of the tech.

Anyone know if this is something I can find elsewhere myself?
These do not require painting. Just ordered it and put it on, comes with the clips in place, pop it on, easy
MzMarvel understands what you are saying but is asking for an alternative supplier. If anyone is capable of pulling a Jeep apart then it's MzMarvel.

Registered
You can find ones on eBay. They look and fit just like the OEM ones鈥.BUT鈥.the color does not match the factory ones鈥..it is slightly darker than the factory ones鈥..I had to replace my rear bumper cover鈥.dealer could not get one so I ordered one off eBay. Had the dealer install it鈥..fit was great but as I mentioned the color does not quite match that of the factory ones鈥.from a distance it鈥檚 hard to tell, but up close it鈥檚 pretty noticeable鈥︹f this doesn鈥檛 bother you then go for it, otherwise spend the extra $$ for the OEM ones鈥..

Premium Member
Personally I would have no issues with a slightly darker one. I keep my trim highly polished so it won't matter that much.

On the other hand once an Ebay part has been left to weather it soon becomes gray anyway.

Registered
I didn鈥檛 have any issues with the one on my 2019 latitude鈥.it went through 2 Midwest winters and looked fine when I traded it this April for my 2021 limited that I special ordered and waited 5 months for鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Mach 5 ?? Ain't no way you're old enough to remember that cartoon !! I am and I'm embarrassed to say I have a couple of Mach 5 models in my computer room.... one even has the retractable buzz saws on the front end
You're correct, Mud Pie, I'm not old enough to have watched the original run of Speed Racer, but the reruns were a staple in my home. My brothers and I used to fight over who got to play with the Mach 5 and who was "stuck" with the Shooting Star #9 lol I'm gonna need to see that model with Chim Chim in the trunk!

You can find ones on eBay. They look and fit just like the OEM ones鈥.BUT鈥.the color does not match the factory ones鈥..it is slightly darker than the factory ones鈥..I had to replace my rear bumper cover鈥.dealer could not get one so I ordered one off eBay. Had the dealer install it鈥..fit was great but as I mentioned the color does not quite match that of the factory ones鈥.from a distance it鈥檚 hard to tell, but up close it鈥檚 pretty noticeable鈥︹f this doesn鈥檛 bother you then go for it, otherwise spend the extra $$ for the OEM ones鈥..
puddlesplasher is right, I don't have a problem with a color difference or installing it myself. My Renegade was sitting under a carport but still subject to weather while I was away for work, so I suppose that didn't help the trim. I was just worried I'd buy one from a random shop online and it not fit quite as well or would be junkier junk and not worth the trouble. I assumed because I couldn't find the OEM parts I would have to find an aftermarket supplier and knew I couldn't be the only one to need to replace the trim 馃槄 I'm a little reassured you didn't have any issues with your replacement!, pdc9fb.

try your local junk yard, they work off a network
I called the local yard but their hours were limited and I can't get out of work right now to rummage. Plus, a junkyard is a dangerous place for a kid like me. I'd find a way to make a project out of something else there lol I know it's worth a look though. I have to replace a mirror and some small interior components on the little Colorado my dad left me after he passed, but I've been putting it off. My Renegade is my "mom car," and seeing the missing trim piece everyday just annoys me :LOL:

Registered
You're correct, Mud Pie, I'm not old enough to have watched the original run of Speed Racer, but the reruns were a staple in my home. My brothers and I used to fight over who got to play with the Mach 5 and who was "stuck" with the Shooting Star #9 lol I'm gonna need to see that model with Chim Chim in the trunk!
The one still in the box I bought in 2002, it's been Mint In Box...until tonight. I creased the plastic window taking it off the shelf...yeah, that's my luck !! LOL. Can't see Chim-Chim, tucked in the corner. Matchbox sized Racer X Shooting Star in front for size reference. The plastic one I bought in like 2000 or so. The baggie has a trophy, the shocks that make it jump and a Speed Racer name plate. Also Spridle and Chim-Chim with a picnic basket.

I have a Mach 5 Christmas ornament but it's packed away with all the Christmas stuff in my hotter-than-the-hinges-of-hell attic. Ain't going up there.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Registered
Alright, we will check Ebay. A neighbor got this Renegade and the clips on the trim are bad. Still waiting it return from the installation of the new set of tires from 4Wheelonline before we can check the trim.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.