Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into putting a cargo basket on my side rails and it would be really nice to have an LED light bar mounted to that basket on the front. My only quam about doing this is that I do not want to worry about running wires to the battery as it looks messy. Does anyone know of a rechargeable power supply setup that could potentially be mounted to the basket so that the only wire I need is a switch to the cabin to turn the light on and off? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about where to find a rechargeable power supply... Being the Amazon fan that I am, I'd probably start there.

But there was another thread, very well written, that showed wiring to the battery. Didn't look horrible at all.

Let's Put Some Lights On This Sucker
I did actually read this thread and it was very well written. I am just concerned with voiding the warranty like many others posted in that thread. I dont want to give the dealership any reason to dispute a potential claim.

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
get a one of any standard sized automotive battery.

Assure it is AGM.

Get a boat battery holder for a trolling motor.

wire together appropriately

get a battery charger.

use it when you need to recharge the above.

Done!

The basic concept is here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Power/

You can get fancy and add posts, ports, inverters, etc.

How long it will last? Depends on the application.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get a one of any standard sized automotive battery.

Assure it is AGM.

Get a boat battery holder for a trolling motor.

wire together appropriately

get a battery charger.

use it when you need to recharge the above.

Done!

The basic concept is here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Power/

You can get fancy and add posts, ports, inverters, etc.

How long it will last? Depends on the application.

This looks exactly like something I can do. I appreciate the information! I am looking forward to getting some lights on this thing:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.