Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking at the images of the rear hitch install by member rsanges, I noticed what looked like vents in the framework.

Anyone know what they are or what purpose they serve?

TS

Reactions: DogsRule

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
951 Posts
They allow a place for the cabin air to vent out. Just about every car now has similar vents. There are rubber flaps that keep them pretty well closed until the cabin air pressure increases. Attached is a picture of some on a truck.

Attachments

· Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that too but didn't bring it up since they do look like they are that far from the ground. But I am only going by visual measurement. :)

Hopefully if someone else performs the aftermarket trailer hitch install they can measure and document it for us.

TS

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
You're probably done but I wonder how high off the ground these flaps start? Are they 19" off the ground and out of water?
Looks like it. You can do some basic guesstimating form the image. They start above the top of the wheel well opening, The top of the wheel well is well above the top of the 28-29" tire. I'd guess at least 24-25 inches off the ground on a stock renegade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.