Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed that the factory 3.5 dash speakers have bass blockers built it.

It's a 14D capacitor which equals a resistance of 137k. I looked it up and correct me if I'm wrong, but on these 2 ohm speakers equals 600 Hz cut-off bass blockers.

I was about to install aftermarket kicker speakers, but now I think I'll wait to put in bass blockers at the same time. Thoughts?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I noticed that the factory 3.5 dash speakers have bass blockers built it.

It's a 14D capacitor which equals a resistance of 137k. I looked it up and correct me if I'm wrong, but on these 2 ohm speakers equals 600 Hz cut-off bass blockers.

I was about to install aftermarket kicker speakers, but now I think I'll wait to put in bass blockers at the same time. Thoughts?
Check out my post here: http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...emoval-speaker-installation-6.html#post299249

I installed these dash speakers. Made a big difference! You can order the wiring harness adapter from Crutchfied.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dont bother adding the blockers. My polks came with a set as well and the point of new speakers in dash is to get more range than those paper turds your holding in the picture. No point restricting the bass to them. They sound wonderful as is. Well my Polk DB351s do anyways.

Reactions: logan5

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So why not just reach in and clip the blockers now?

When do have any effect on sound? I'd like to not use a rev limiter too but...

·
Registered
263 Posts
You could but why. As you can clearly see stock speaker is a P.O.S. cost saving at its best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why would you want bass on those speakers? I think they are only good for highs... Door speakers should be mids and highs and a sub for lows you could get away with lows on door speakers but i personally like my sound system structured not all notes getting mixed in

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why would you want bass on those speakers? I think they are only good for highs... Door speakers should be mids and highs and a sub for lows you could get away with lows on door speakers but i personally like my sound system structured not all notes getting mixed in

A structured system is best done at the level of the amp...and for whatever reason, the stock amp is sending full range to the dash speaker. Anyway, you can EQ the sound a bit to send more signal to the back speakers, but without bass blockers, my kickers sound good with a full range signal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A structured system is best done at the level of the amp...and for whatever reason, the stock amp is sending full range to the dash speaker. Anyway, you can EQ the sound a bit to send more signal to the back speakers, but without bass blockers, my kickers sound good with a full range signal.
Thats cool maybe the amp has a built in crossover because it sounds strange getting voice on a sub lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thats cool maybe the amp has a built in crossover because it sounds strange getting voice on a sub lol

We know for sure that the Beats system has built in crossovers and they make very little sense, in terms of overall SQ.

I have the 6 speaker system and is seems like all 6 speakers get full range signals. but I haven't put a meter up to them to test.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We know for sure that the Beats system has built in crossovers and they make very little sense, in terms of overall SQ.

I have the 6 speaker system and is seems like all 6 speakers get full range signals. but I haven't put a meter up to them to test.
I never get the dealership audio upgrade, i tend to do it myself and if my sub and amp isnt pushing over 1200 watts i aint happy lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 2015 with 9 speaker system doesn't seem to have bass blockers on the dash speakers.
Not a great pic, but the connector leads connect to those silver wires that go in to the speaker housing.

I put bass blockers on my Kicker dash speakers for the heck of it. Enough bass is coming from other speakers. I want these to focus on mid and high.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
My 2015 with 9 speaker system doesn't seem to have bass blockers on the dash speakers.
Not a great pic, but the connector leads connect to those silver wires that go in to the speaker housing.

I put bass blockers on my Kicker dash speakers for the heck of it. Enough bass is coming from other speakers. I want these to focus on mid and high.
I concur. I didn't recall seeing them when I pulled mine, but wanted to find my stock ones in my pile of stuff. I have no idea where they disappeared to though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also installed the DB351s and used the bass blockers they came with.
I initially didnt install them, but after a few days decided to.

There was a lot of noticeable "simulated bass". Where you could hear what was supposed to be bass, but not feel it. Really sounded distorted.

After putting the bass blockers in, installing new door speakers and a kicker hide-away powered sub, i have 0 complaints.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thats exactly what i mean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.