Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sad to report that on Jan. 1 2022 at 16:49 my Renegade was rear-ended by a high school kid doing 45 mph while texting. He was so unaware my presence in front of him, he didn't even react until he was 7 feet from my rear bumper. When he did react he thought it best to slam his car to the left into oncoming traffic. He was too late anyway hitting my rear left while almost simultaneously hitting a young lady in a RAV4 head on. The rear of his car came off the ground and swung into the tailgate of Mt Renegade, hitting me for a second time.

All humans were unhurt but he managed to total a Civic, a RAV4, and most likely my Renegade. I have to admit, the renegade took it like a champ and I credit my seat for my lack of injury.

I posted pictures if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's a bummer! Glad everyone came out of that without any serious injury. Hopefully you can find a good replacement for the Renegade.

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
That is not a great start to 2022.

But glad you're ok and it does go to show the protection from a well designed modern car.

Did all the airbags deploy?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
785 Posts
I am sad to report that on Jan. 1 2022 at 16:49 my Renegade was rear-ended by a high school kid doing 45 mph while texting. He was so unaware my presence in front of him, he didn't even react until he was 7 feet from my rear bumper. When he did react he thought it best to slam his car to the left into oncoming traffic. He was too late anyway hitting my rear left while almost simultaneously hitting a young lady in a RAV4 head on. The rear of his car came off the ground and swung into the tailgate of Mt Renegade, hitting me for a second time.

All humans were unhurt but he managed to total a Civic, a RAV4, and most likely my Renegade. I have to admit, the renegade took it like a champ and I credit my seat for my lack of injury.

Like @Nev said, not a good start of the year, but I’m sure things can only get better here on out!

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts
Glad your ok! I hope the kid has good insurance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not a great start to 2022.

But glad you're ok and it does go to show the protection from a well designed modern car.

Did all the airbags deploy?
No airbags deployed. I was hit from behind.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Hope it;s worth repairing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So sorry to hear about this! I hope you are ok it must have been a shock. Your Jeep looks pretty good considering. No doubt they will price out the option of repair but if higher than value they will consider it totaled. So glad no one was injured physically. Let us know Mt Renegades future...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts