Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,
Recently I began modding our 2021 Jeep renegade so far I've added a aftermarket grill and a bull bar. Unfortunately it seems the bull bar interferes with the Foward collision warning sensor.it was strange because after adding the bar and grill everything worked fine for several days before " service Foward collision sensor" showed up on the cluster screen.

so my plan is to relocate the sensor on to the bar itself which would move the sensor Foward roughly 4 inches from it's present location. So I was thinking about finding a male to female extension harness for the sensor but I'm not having any luck finding it. Second option is finding the male and female ends that match the sensor plug and building my own extension. If anyone can kind of point me in the right direction to find either of those two options I would really appreciate it.
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

This is an image of the sensor in question and it's connector.
Input device Gadget Computer monitor accessory Font Gas

Rectangle Automotive tire Auto part Gadget Font

I'm also thinking about purchasing alfaobd and either the obd link ex or mx+ however I can't seem to find the "grey" adapter everyone mentions. Can someone post a link?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update I just ordered a obd link ex, 6 piece obd adapter set including the grey one, Alfaobd and the sgw bypass.

I also finally found the connectors to build my front radar extension harness.
Davitu Cables, Adapters & Sockets - 8 Pin 1-1418552-1 1-1534229-1 1534229-1 Female Male Reverse Sensor Radar Cable Socket Automotive Connector For BMW BENZ - (Color Name: 1 Set Female Male) https://a.co/d/a5qHAKS

My current plan is to relocate the fcw radar sensor to the bull bar and house it inside one of these waterproof boxes. I will Dremel out the shape so the sensor has a clear opening like how it's currently housed in the grill.

Clear the codes and see how it works. Spoke to a few Jeep service techs that think my plan will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts