Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new report finds that Fiat and Jeep are planning a big crossover offensive. The companies are developing a crossover that will be about the size of the Nissan Qashqai. The Jeep version will be placed between the Renegade and Cherokee and will replace both the Compass and the Patriot. Fiat's will take the top spot in the brand's crossover lineup.

The two crossovers will share components but will use entirely different sheet metal. This will make each unique while also saving money due to economies of scale.

Jeep and Fiat are also looking into expanding downwards with models that would slot below the 500X and Renegade. These vehicles would be designed for Europe and would not be sold in the US.

Jeep has also confirmed that it is working on a new 7-seater premium SUV called the Grand Wagoneer.

The Qashqai-sized crossovers could début at the next Detroit Auto Show or a few months later in Geneva.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks like Fiat and Jeep and making big moves in the automotive game. Which is great coming from such a powerful Jeep brand. I could only imagine what Jeep and Fiat plan to come out with but I'm thinking maybe a similar look to Renegade but beefed up!

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
Looks like Fiat and Jeep and making big moves in the automotive game. Which is great coming from such a powerful Jeep brand. I could only imagine what Jeep and Fiat plan to come out with but I'm thinking maybe a similar look to Renegade but beefed up!
In theory, the c-segment thing is supposd ot have even more grand cherokee dna than the current compass. I also suspect it will get more cargo space and a slightly different interior treatment, but otherwise be largely the same mechanically.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Reactions: slacky

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
And I hope there is an option for a more powerful engine and a manual transmission. :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, all these new cars look the same. It's alot to do with aerodynamics, but personally I'd give a little in the fuel efficiency department for the return of some style.
Jeep already isn't the best with fuel efficiency so I'm not sure I would want to sacrifice any more fuel efficiency in favor of design.

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
Hi raz-0, do you mean the same as the current Compass mechanically or the same as the Renegade?
Mechanically the same as the renegade. I suspect the stretch will come in the front fascia and more cargo area that hangs past the rear wheels more. Same chassis, powertrain, brakes, etc. Might get the updated 2.4 though with more power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.