Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kumho Tyre announced a new partnership that will have their Crugen Premium KL33 tyres available on new Jeep Renegade vehicles that are being produced in Melfi Italy. (2016MY)
Sizes will be 215/60R17 100V XL and 225/55R18 98H.

Read the full Announcement here.

TS

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Kumho Tyre announced a new partnership that will have their Crugen Premium KL33 tyres available on new Jeep Renegade vehicles that are being produced in Melfi Italy. (2016MY)
Sizes will be 215/60R17 100V XL and 225/55R18 98H.

Read the full Announcement here.

TS
215/60/17 is the European Trailhawk size. Is that tyre size available on North America renegades?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The build sheet on my yet to be delivered 2016 Trailhawk calls for Michelin 215/65R17 All Terrain Tires. I was able to choose what brand tire (tyre) I wanted from several manufacturers.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wonder what it will be

The build sheet on my yet to be delivered 2016 Trailhawk calls for Michelin 215/65R17 All Terrain Tires. I was able to choose what brand tire (tyre) I wanted from several manufacturers.

Tim
The only Michelin I can find in that size, other than a winter tire, is the Defender, which is basically an all-season highway tread for minivans and crossover SUVs. Let us know if you get something different.

In reading about tires, all the manufacturers ever seem to mention is how many miles they get (usually a lie) and how smooth they are. All I care about are traction and ruggedness. It's so disappointing that FCA -- and Jeep -- fail to make a tire available that fits what a lot of people buy a Trailhawk for, and Patriots before that, plus the size has almost no decent after-market tires available. As with my two Pats, the vehicle is much better than any tires I can get for them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Goodyears on my TH have 4 plies on the tread; 2 polyester and 2 steel, and 2 plies on the sidewall of polyester. I look for extra plies on the sidewall especially on a vehicle that tends to be top heavy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.