Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 2015 Opening Edition finally arrived after waiting 13 of the longest weeks from when I ordered it. I picked it up on Friday and could not be happier. I am absolutely thrilled with it.

My OE is powered by the 2.0L 140hp diesel and mated to the 6sp manual. A perfect combination. I also replaced the stock Bridgestone Turanza's with a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T-S tires which look great and seem the right tire for this vehicle.

I have only driven 125km so far but have found the Renegade to have plenty of pep, smooth shifting and very quiet around town. There is a bit of wind noise on the motorway but nothing too distracting or unlivable.

Also, the quality of fit and finish is exceptional. For a first run vehicle, I think FCA has gotten this one spot-on. Once people get their hands on this, it will surely sell like hot cakes.

I also cannot say enough about the overall sales experience which has been quite different from what I have experienced in other countries. The salesman spent almost two hours during the handover to walk me through every feature, switch and option.

They pulled the car into the showroom after it had been fully prepped and did the handover right there. At first I thought it was a bit odd but having had cars handed over in the shop area or outside in the cold, it was actually quite perfect. Not to mention the bottle of wine stored in the boot as a bonus. :)

In fact, one customer was so impressed that he ordered a new Renegade off the back-end of my handover. Smart move in the end on the dealer's part and something many car salesmen could learn from. Plus, quite a shock in any industry these days.

Hope you all have a positive experience as you too get to enjoy your new Renegade. Me? Off to find some mud and snow. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Myke,
I was in budapest two weeks ago and I didn't see any Renegade for the city. I din't know there was to wait so long time for an opening edition. I want also replace my tires with Geolandar but I am a bit worried about fuel consumption that is reported drastically increased with that kind of tire.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The opening edition is a special launch edition for the European market sold at a convenient price, in few words it is a longitude edition with some optionals such as uconnect 6.5, function pack I, 17" tires and leather.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I also replaced the stock Bridgestone Turanza's with a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T-S tires which look great and seem the right tire for this vehicle.
Hi Mike, congrats and thanks for the pics.

Did you notice any road noise difference when test driving with the factory tires and on once you drove it with the Geolander A/T-S tires?

Please let us know how your fuel mileage is as compared to the factory rating, in other words, are you seeing any drop off that may be due to the tires?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike, congrats and thanks for the pics.

Did you notice any road noise difference when test driving with the factory tires and on once you drove it with the Geolander A/T-S tires?

Please let us know how your fuel mileage is as compared to the factory rating, in other words, are you seeing any drop off that may be due to the tires?
CalTom

No noticeable difference in road noise between the two tires. Of course, our roads are not the smoothest which may play a roll (no pun intended).

As for mileage, with only 175km, I am right at 6L/100km which is about 39 mpg. MInd you, this is a diesel so is likely to be a bit higher than the gas engines headed for the USA.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations. Love to know why they call it an "Opening Edition." Does it have My a Sky?
As Giullio stated, the Opening Edition is a promotion edition with only a few released to each market. Hungary was only allocated six and only one (mine) was a 4x4.

The vehicle comes equipped with all of the Limited options plus, 18" wheels, navigation, black roof, dual zone air conditioning, black leather with orange accents, keyless entry, alarm, etc.

The real benefit was in the factory discount which dropped the price by $3500 before the dealer discount which added a further $1900. These are fully loaded numbers which reflect Europe's highest VAT at 27%.

Net-net, the final price after all discounts, taxes, delivery and license fees came to $30,460 based on the current currency rates. From the sounds of it, probably about what it will be costing in the US for a similarly equipped Renegade once you add everything onto the sticker price after discounts.

All in all, one of the best car deals I have managed to secure in the 18 years I have been here. Once in a while, things have to go your way or at least we can hope.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The vehicle comes equipped with all of the Limited options plus, 18" wheels, navigation, black roof, dual zone air conditioning, black leather with orange accents, keyless entry, alarm, etc.

The real benefit was in the factory discount which dropped the price by $3500
I have a Fiat 500L and Fiat had a similar program when they first sold this car here in the USA. For about the first 6 months of sales here they offered free back up camera, navigation, Sirius radio and a larger stereo screen. And on top of that I got a coupon in the mail good for $500.00 off the purchase price.

But hey $500.00 off is no where close to the $3500.00 off that you got. Will be interesting to see if Jeep offers a similar introductory model or an introductory price reduction. They really need to as it's already turned off a lot of people by it's sky high prices.

Would also be great to get free leather as that's something that is only available on the top of the line Trailhawk, the most expensive model.

·
Registered
57 Posts

T
Not properly, alarm is not present in the opening edition (I don't know if your dealer installed it aftermarket), in addition is not present the old safety pack ( lane departure and fcw+) but I don't know if it is bad because you can change your front bumper with the Trailhawk version if you want increase your approach angle.
The opening edition was a great buy, my sister got it, unfortunately I wasn't so lucky because the automatic gear was not available on it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, my 2015 Opening Edition finally arrived after waiting 13 of the longest weeks from when I ordered it. I picked it up on Friday and could not be happier. I am absolutely thrilled with it.
So one more who really can understand me ... let me know how the Geolanders do at Street, i bought a second set of Winter tires in 17" (we ought to have Winter Tires over here) but i could imagine to change the Summer 18" to something more Offroad ones ... :x;):|:D

By the Way ... my Name is also Mike ... you could be named like any other one ... only the coolest guys around are Mike´s ... ;):D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an OE coming in the next couple of weeks, official launch in the UK is this coming Friday. The OE is based on the Limited spec here with some extras for a £300.00 increase.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So one more who really can understand me ... let me know how the Geolanders do at Street, i bought a second set of Winter tires in 17" (we ought to have Winter Tires over here) but i could imagine to change the Summer 18" to something more Offroad ones ... :x;):|:D

By the Way ... my Name is also Mike ... you could be named like any other one ... only the coolest guys around are Mike´s ... ;):D
meaty off roads tires* :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm curious about visibility. Can you see out the back well and in your blind spot changing lanes? I am used to my Wrangler hard top that has plenty of window space allowing for easy visibility. That was one of my concerns with the renegade.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm curious about visibility. Can you see out the back well and in your blind spot changing lanes? I am used to my Wrangler hard top that has plenty of window space allowing for easy visibility. That was one of my concerns with the renegade.
Don´t have any Problems with it ... but tell me ... who really cares whats left behind? ;):D>:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No real problem. The side mirrors are huge. Much bigger than those on almost every other Jeep, maybe except the Wrangler.

Between the rear view mirror and the large side mirrors, I have not noticed any significant blind spots.

But then as ManEater says - who cares what you have left behind. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.