Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My 2016 Renegade finally came in after a number of months of waiting. Dealership had the service manager take it home to make sure everything working. While backing out of his driveway the next morning, it died; never to start again. This happened while in the middle of my 14.5 hour drive from Florida to Maryland. My husband called me to tell me the devastating news. They found a 2015 at a nearby dealership but it had a winter package. Something a Florida resident didn't need / pay for, but what can ya do as I needed my Renegade; the whole trip was based on getting it!

With this all said and done, one of the happiest days of my life; nothing but smiles, squealing with joy, felt like a 16 year old again.

This vehicle was made with me in mind!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
How tall are you?
You seem to be taller than me and I am 6ft.
lovely car. the test drive we had was yellow.
My wife wanted to get a yellow one but I said we were too old.
She may have been right.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Love the car, great photos and have to admit you chose the best color possible :).

Was wondering if you could take a photo of the cargo area, wondering what changed on the 2016, the 2015 cargo area is driving me crazy! Thinking of taking a saws all to it :crying:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the car, great photos and have to admit you chose the best color possible :).

Was wondering if you could take a photo of the cargo area, wondering what changed on the 2016, the 2015 cargo area is driving me crazy! Thinking of taking a saws all to it :crying:
Odd request... you can go to a dealership and see first hand about the 2015 cargo area.......

I love just about everything about the Renegade... This is someone who drove only 2 seater sporty / sports cars for 15 years than Grand Caravans for 20 years. Now the Renegade!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Odd request... you can go to a dealership and see first hand about the 2015 cargo area.......

I love just about everything about the Renegade... This is someone who drove only 2 seater sporty / sports cars for 15 years than Grand Caravans for 20 years. Now the Renegade!

Strange had edited it to not have that since she has the 15 also. Was sad to see her 16 died.

Sadly the dealer would most likely have the wrong info, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and that would still be giving them to much credit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the dancing sunflower on the dash...plants vs zombies :)

May not be from the game but I am claiming so. Again congrats on the Jeep and the awesome color, have you named it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was in South Carolina (middle of my 14.5 hour trip from Florida to Maryland) when my husband called and told me what happened to my 2016. It took him a long time to convince me that he wasn't pulling my leg about the engine seized up. just heartbreaking but everything turned out just fine.
I don't name cars but I sure did hug it a lot when I first saw it. haha And the eyelashes were a must, just to make sure my husband won't drive it. In the 966 miles, I didn't see any Renegades, and no yellow vehicles.
Being in Maryland for just a couple of weeks -- yeah, I have used the heated steering wheel and seats..... Making sure I use this winter package while it is needed. haha
I would have liked to get a 4x4, buy my husband was right -- I don't need one for Florida... just adds to the purchase price and takes away from fuel economy. A friend told me to put a " 4X4 " sticker on the back, and nobody would know, and I would have the looking cool Renegade... haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOVE it!!! I was thinking of getting the yellow one but went with white. Love the eyelashes too...my friends were teasing me about adding those to mine. Enjoy!!! I've gone a bit over 1000 miles in mine so far and have loved every minute!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.