Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from sunny San Diego! I have been following posts for a couple of months in my research for a new car. I actually purchased my Renegade on 08/12, but decided not to post until I could get some good photos of it, so have been silent for my first two weeks of ownership.

Now that I'm posting, you may see me in other threads as I try to be active. My last vehicle was also a first year introduction, so I've been through some growing pains in a car community before!

Details: I wanted orange until I saw it in person....just a tad more red in it than I like from orange. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but I went with yellow. There was also a yellow one available immediately with all I 'needed' and most of what I 'wanted'. I don't go off-roading (nor do I think my back would take it), so went with a Latitude. It has the cold weather package (I like heated seats as I am in my car at 5:20am every day) and the popular entertainment package. It has the 40/20/40 back seats which is perfect for when I need to transport my stand-up electric bass. The rear has plenty of room for all my other musical gear which is a reason I needed something bigger than I was previously driving.

Even though the dealer I was working with knew I had a test drive scheduled specifically for the car I purchased, the day before the appointment, they dropped the price by $1,600. This made my time in the dealer a little more intense than I wanted it to be since they then tried to make it up by low-balling my trade-in. Once I nipped that in the bud and got the amount I wanted, they tried a higher interest rate than someone with my credit score should be offered. Again, I shut that down with my own financing.

I don't buy cars often (last one was 7 years ago), but I believe in being up-front in the process. I state quite firmly that I am not interested in back-and forth negotiations and they have one shot after their initial offers to get to where I want to be, or I'm out. It helps that I did my research, had financing lined up and really didn't need another car...I just wanted one!

I went to take pictures at Cabrillo Monument and couldn't resist snapping a few of my Renegade....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Motor vehicle

Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Jeep

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Yellow
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.