Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finding out ordering a blue one was no longer an option about 4 hours after finally getting to see one in person and thinking it was awesome, I reassessed my requirements list based on my test drives and feedback from owners on the forum, and found what I wanted.

This Omaha Orange trailhawk followed me home form the dealership.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So.... Rene Fever will do that to you! LOL Congratulations!! Excited to hear more as you become familiar with your new ride! :cool:
I can say the info and entertainment system stuff is more complex than I thought it would be. I still have to beat it into submission. I feel bad for the designers/car companies. To me it's mostly sensible to operate, it's just a matter of finding everything you can set and what you want to set it to. I'd actually call it decent. However, if you are the kind of person to whom setting up your tv, cable box and dvd-player is black magic, there's really nothing they can do to ever make this not be some opaque and annoying thing.

Mostly I'm liking it a lot. Bringing it into work I finally got a chance to test turning radius and man it makes a nice tight turn.

· Registered
953 Posts
I can say the info and entertainment system stuff is more complex than I thought it would be. I still have to beat it into submission. I feel bad for the designers/car companies. To me it's mostly sensible to operate, it's just a matter of finding everything you can set and what you want to set it to. I'd actually call it decent. However, if you are the kind of person to whom setting up your tv, cable box and dvd-player is black magic, there's really nothing they can do to ever make this not be some opaque and annoying thing.

Mostly I'm liking it a lot. Bringing it into work I finally got a chance to test turning radius and man it makes a nice tight turn.
Glad to hear you mostly like it. I think that things will get better in the future if FCA signs on and puts Android Auto and Apple CarPlay into all its vehicles. Won't help us, but future generations can look forward to it.

Welcome to the forum!

· Registered
102 Posts

@raz-0, congrats bud!

· Registered
1,633 Posts
raz-0, enjoy your new Trailhawk! I like mine a lot and have driven over 2,000 trouble-free miles.

I would have more miles on it, but I share drive time with two other vehicles (used motorbike today).

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it so far. I have my backup guidelines now, and the only thing that seems to be a matter of "FCA thought that was a good idea, so you are stuck with it" is the uconnect warning screen EVERY time you turn the radio on.

· Premium Member
916 Posts
Question.
If you do not touch the screen (one the warning image pops up) does it go away before 30 seconds is up?
If so then
1-Can you use the steering wheel controls to simulate a push of the accept button on the screen or
2-Replace the image shown on screen

It the warning image shown does indeed go away before 30 seconds then I assume it is just an static image. and as per this thread it could be in the actual update file and possible corrected by downloading the ISO update file and opening it up with Winrar. Replace the image with one of your choosing and repackage the ISO and perform an update manually.

The trick I guess would be to find a copy of the UConnect update to download to test my theory.

TS

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Question.
If you do not touch the screen (one the warning image pops up) does it go away before 30 seconds is up?
If so then
1-Can you use the steering wheel controls to simulate a push of the accept button on the screen or
2-Replace the image shown on screen

It the warning image shown does indeed go away before 30 seconds then I assume it is just an static image. and as per this thread it could be in the actual update file and possible corrected by downloading the ISO update file and opening it up with Winrar. Replace the image with one of your choosing and repackage the ISO and perform an update manually.

The trick I guess would be to find a copy of the UConnect update to download to test my theory.

TS
No, I get the jeep splash screen and then the legal disclaimer. The splash screen lasts maybe a couple seconds. The legal disclaimer goes away after ~30 seconds.

The connect patch site is currently non-functional under every browser. At least for the 5".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.