Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i am a BIG TIME tinkerer. I noticed the Dart has the same motor as us. There are aftermarket intakes available for the Dart. I bought one. With a little persuasion, I got it to fit. I also addressed a factory "boost leak" associated with the EVAP. So with only 353 miles on the clock, I present to you , the first aftermarket intake installed on a 1.4 turbo Renegade :) No check engine lights. I honestly dont feel any increase in power. (I also have the madness ecu, go pedal, and the GFB diverter valve) The turbo sound is so LOUD!

https://youtu.be/OSVKjksVeWA

Attachments

· Registered
829 Posts
Injen SP it looks like

There is a slight issue with them as there is like 4 diameter changes, but that's not really the point here.

Anyhow, I applaud the innovation and good to know it's the Dart flavor that works best. I'll have a silicone option available through Eurocompulsion soon as well.

The intake doesn't make any additional power per se, but if you were to dyno it you would see a lot of valleys in the power band filled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
224 Posts
I, having had 4 precious cars that were turbo'd would bet there are gains. Prob inconsistent A/F ratio but turbos love more air. N/A folks like me with a 2.4 it's just I nice noise maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shadowshaggy

· Registered
829 Posts
Injen claims some 7whp, so that's definitely something. Doesn't do much good unless it's ducted properly and you have a tune that needs more air. That Madness box, be careful as they tend to run lean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.